Health Professions Education – Focus on Teaching and Leadership
Behind every great health care provider is a host of gifted educators with the courage and tenacity to cause others to be their best!
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~ William Arthur Ward
The HPE track in the MSHS program:
- Designed for persons who are planning to teach or who currently teach in the health sciences or health professions.
- Strong emphasis on teaching methodologies, curriculum design and evaluation.
- Learning activities based on the functional requirements of adult learners .
- Principles of teaching and learning theory.
- Educational media and technology.
- Program planning and evaluation.
- Develop educational research projects that benefit Health Science Education, support advances in patient care, community service, research and Health Professions Education.
HPE track curriculum
|Block I Courses||Block II Courses||Block III Courses||Culminating Work|
|Foundations in the US HC System||Principles of Instructional Design||Educational Leadership||Thesis/Special Project Part I|
|Learning Theories and Student Behaviors||Instructional Media||Clinical Teaching||Thesis/Special Project Part II|
|Academic Roles and Scholarly Publications||Grant Writing||Research and Program Evaluation Methods|
|Applied Statistics||HR and Fiscal Operations|