Recent Faculty Peer-reviewed Publications
- Armstrong D, Felder R. Assistive Technology Assessment for a Patient Post Stroke. GeriNotes, Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy, 2015; 22:23-28.
- Escalante G, Chaney C, Stuckey S, Alvarez PH, Dabbs NC. The effects of Versa Gripps® during pull-ups on surface electromyography in strength trained males. Medicina Sportiva, 2015;11(3):2601-2608.
- Mann J.L.B. Using the Community Readiness Model to Develop Educational and Vocational Programs for Women in Kabul, Afghanistan. The International Journal of Organizational Diversity. Online June 30, 2015.
- Chaney C, Hirayama G, Mendoza T, Schmitt D, Janini S. The Effects of Kinesio™ tape on Vertical Jump, 20-M Sprint, and Self-Perception of Performance, in High School Basketball Players. Current Orthopaedic Practice. 2015;26(4):420-424.
- Keebaugh A, Redman-Bentley D, Griffon D. Influence of lease side and handlers on pressure mat analysis of the canine gate. J Am Vet Med Assoc, 2015;246:1215-1221.
- Harding FV, Ghatan R, Chaney C, Mengel KW, Chen J, Loyo J. Clincical Case Study: Shoulder Injury – Senior Tennis. Abstract. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 2015;47(5):Supplement
- Deoghare H, Gilbert M. (2014). Real time quantification of stress during high-fidelity human simulation for a standardized learning experience. Abstract. Simulation in Healthcare, 2014;9(6):406.
Recent Faculty Peer-reviewed Presentations
- Deoghare H, Singh B, Chan B. Electromyographic analysis of core muscle activation during lumbar stabilization exercises: implications for rehabilitation and training. Poster presented at 39th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics. Columbus, OH. Aug 2015.
- Harding FV, Ghatan R, Chaney C, Mengel KW, Chen J, Loyo J. Clincical Case Study: Shoulder Injury – Senior Tennis. Poster presented at 62nd Annual Meeting of American College of Sports Medicine, San Diego, CA. May 2015.
- Chaney C, Hurley K, Kugler A, Liangluo S. Inter-Professional Fauclty & Student Led Service Learning Tobacco Cessation Program. Poster presented at NAP Annual Meeting and Forum, Alexandria, VA. Apr 2015.
- Hurley K, Kugler A, Chaney C, Liangluo S. (2015, Apr). Development of an Interprofessional Student-run Tobacco Cessation Pilot Program: Experiences and Lessons Learned. Poster presented at California Pharmacists Association Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA. Apr 2015.
- Deoghare H, Gilber M. Real Time Quantification of Stress During High-fidelity Human Simulation for a Standardized Learning Experience. Poster presented at the 15th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, New Orleans, LA. Jan 2015.
- Adams M, Wood T, Redman-Bentley D. Practical Test Anxiety: A Pilot Study of Physican Assistant Students. Poster presented at Physician Assistant Education Association, Philadelphia, PA. Oct 2014.
- Mann, J. Using the Community Readiness Model to Develop Educationa and Vocational Programs for Women in Kabul, Afghanistan: A Model for Other Post-Conflict Zones. Paper presented at the 14th International Conference on Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations, Vienna, Austria. July 2014.
- Sellen D, Meyer T. Giving Voice to Those Deemed Incapacitated: An Issue of Health Disparity. Workshop presentation at the 14th International Conference on Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations, Vienna, Austria. July 2014.
- Snyder S, Raja B, Konecne J The Role of Physical Therapy in an Innovative Interprofessional Diabetes Care Model. Poster presentation at All Together Better Health VII Conference, Pittsburgh PA. June 2014.
CAHP Interprofessional studies/projects with:
Colleges of Pharmacy and Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
- Hoffman J, Hudson-McKinney M, Cheung A. Intrprofessional Team Approach to Geriatric Care. Presentation at California Society of Health System Pharmacists, San Francisco, CA. Oct 2014.
Colleges of Optometry and Podiatric Medicine
- Armstrong D, Redman-Bentley D, Koshimue D, Truong J, Remick-Waltman K, Walker K, Huynh A, Chan L. Comparison of Sensory Processing in Children with Typical Development and Sensory Disorders. Poster presented at California Chapter American Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, Pasadena, CA. Sept 2015.
- Redman-Bentley D, Armstrong, D, Koshimune D, Remick-Waltman K, Walker K, Truong J. Vision, Balance and Gait Differences in Children with Sensory Processing Disorders, Autism; Comparison with Typically Developing Children. Platform presentation at the Neuro-optometric Rehabilitation Association Conference, North Carolina. Mar 2014.
College of Dental Medicine
- Maugh E, Tjahjono JS. Integrating Oral Screening into Routine Primary Care Practices. Presentation at 6th Annual Academic Meeting of the Academy of Medical Educators, London, England, UK. Oct 2014.
Recent Student Publications and Presentations
- Davalos L, Loera G, Shirani F, Armstrong, D. Does the Amphibian Reaction Last a Lifetime? Poster presented at California Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, Pasadena, CA. Sept 2015.
- Somers T, Malek S, Natividad V, Northcutt J, Quezada A, Raja B. Physical Fitness Testing: Comparison between Middle School and High School Students in Los Angeles County. Invited platform presentation at the California Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, Oakland, CA Oct 2014.
- Hirayama G, Mendoza T, Janini S, Schmitt D, Chaney C. Effects of Kinesio tape® on Vertical Jump, 20-M Sprint and Self-perception of Performance in High School Basketball Players. Poster presented at California Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, Pasadena, CA. Sept 2013.
- Casselle E, Francesconi K, Lopez A, May S, Armstrong D, Redman-Bentley D. Indetification of Caregiver Assistance Level in Typically Developing Children as Measured by the PEDI. Poster presented at California Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, Pasadena, CA. Sept 2013.