COMP’s 7th Annual CME Conference
Saturday, May 3, 2014
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
WesternU’s Health Education Center
Lecture Hall 1 ~ Second Floor
701 E 2nd St ~ Pomona, CA
Cost: $50/alumni and $100/non-alumni, included breakfast and lunch
|7:30 a.m.||Registration (7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.) and Breakfast|
|8:00-8:15 a.m.||Welcome: Osteopathic Philosophy and Medical Education
David Connett, DO ’84, Vice Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
|8:15-9:05 a.m.||Clinical Practice Guidelines for use of Opioids for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain
David Connett, DO ’84
|9:05-9:55 a.m.||Influenza Update
Susan Mackintosh, DO ’92
|9:55-10:10 a.m.||Break and Exhibits|
|10:10-11:00 a.m.||Radiation Risks in Diagnostic Imaging
John Yasmer, DO ’05, CPT, MC
|11:00-11:50 a.m.||Rheumatology Topics
Steve Lee, DO ’02
|11:50 a.m.-1:30 p.m.||Lunch with the Docs (and Silent Auction)
During lunch (which is included in your registration fee), take a break from learning and become the teacher as you share
your knowledge and experience with a small group of current COMP students interested in your particular specialty.
Dan Miulli, DO
|2:20-3:10 p.m.||Clinical Applications for Proper Opioid Use
Arash Nafissi, DO ’08
|3:10-3:20 p.m.||Break, Walk to OMT Workshop|
|3:20-4:10 p.m.||Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Research: State of the Evidence
Michael Seffinger, DO
|4:10-5:00 p.m.||OMT Workshop
David Redding, DO ’93, MSHPE ’96
Registration is closed.
- This conference was approved for 7 AOA Category 1-A CME credits by the AOA CCME.
- Conference Welcome and Lectures were held in Lecture Hall 1 (Room 2001), Second Floor, Health Education Center (701 E Second St)
- OMT Workshops were held in the OMM Lab on the Second Floor of the Health Sciences Center (450 E Second St)
- Registration Questions? Please contact the Alumni Office at email@example.com or (909) 469-ALUM.
- CME Credit Questions? Please contact Amanda Yochum at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 706-3541.