For more information, or to RSVP for any of these alumni events, please contact the Alumni Office at email@example.com or (909) 469-ALUM.
April 21: Western University of Health Sciences’ 4th Annual Dr. Robert L. Austin Endowed Lectureship in Pediatric Medicine and Pediatric Health Care Policy will feature a groundbreaking leader in developing critically needed medical, legal and social services to families affected by violence. The lecture will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at WesternU’s Health Education Center, Lecture Hall I, 701 E. Second St., Pomona, Calif. 91766. “The Vulnerable Child: A Challenge to Multi-disciplinary Pediatric Care” will be presented by keynote speaker Astrid Heppenstall Heger, MD, Executive Director of the Violence Intervention Project at Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center, and a professor of clinical pediatrics at USC’s Keck School of Medicine. Please RSVP to Roxanne Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Brenda Campbell at (909) 469-5211.
April 30: The College of Pharmacy’s 9th annual Ray Symposium, “Numeracy and Health: A Tyranny of Numbers.” This year’s speaker is Ellen Peters, PhD, Professor of Psychology and Director of the Behavioral Decision Making Initiative at The Ohio State University. A recent Institute of Medicine report on Health Literacy and Numeracy points out that there is considerable variation in the way people understand and use numbers in making everyday decisions. Because of the serious implications in making health-related decisions, this symposium will be of importance to any health provider who communicates risk, benefit, or uses numerical data in communicating with patients. Register to attend at https://2015raysymposium.eventbrite.com.
April 30: WesternU’s next Alumni Networking Mixer will take place on Thursday, April 30, 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Cafe Tu Tu Tango (20 City Boulevard West) in Orange, Calif. Meet up with other WesternU alumni and join us for an evening of appetizers, drinks, and lively conversation. RSVP by April 29 to Danielle Katayama at (909) 469-5436 or email@example.com.
April 30-May 2: California Dental Association’s CDA Presents Conference in Anaheim, Calif.
- WesternU Reception on Saturday, May 2, 3:00-5:00 p.m. on the Platinum Patio of the Anaheim Marriott. Register online at https://westernu-cda.eventbrite.com.
May 2: COMP’s annual CME Conference will be held on campus on Saturday, May 2, 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. This is a great chance for alumni to see how the campus has changed and grown over the past decade while earning several category 1-A CME credits. The event also features a “Breakfast with the Docs,” where the DOs in attendance can sit down with second year medical students and share their experience and expertise. Conference details and registration information can be found online at www.westernu.edu/alumni/alumni-compcme, and DOs can save $10 by registering for COMP’s CME Conference by Friday, April 3.
May 3: California Optometric Association’s OptoWest Conference in Anaheim, Calif.
- College of Optometry alumni planning to attend this conference or who live in the area should contact Monique Tessier at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for an alumni gathering with Dean Hoppe.
May 23-28: American Academy of Physician Assistants’ Annual Conference in San Francisco, Calif.
- WesternU Reception on Sunday, May 24, 6:00-8:00 p.m. in Pacific Ballroom B on the fourth floor of the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. Register online at https://westernu-aapa.eventbrite.com
June 18-21: California Veterinary Medical Association’s Pacific Veterinary Conference in Long Beach, Calif.
- WesternU Reception at the Westin Long Beach on Saturday, Jun. 20, 5:30-7:00 p.m. Register online at https://westernu-pacvet.eventbrite.com
June 22: WesternU Towne & Gown Golf Classic in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. Save the Date for a fun-filled afternoon of golf in support of student scholarships! For details, contact Austin Braunwalder at (909) 469-8495 or email@example.com.
June 24-28: American Optometric Association’s Optometry’s Meeting in Seattle, Wash.
- WesternU Reception on Friday, June 26, 6:00-7:30 p.m. Location near the Washington State Convention Center TBA. Register online at https://westernu-optomtg.eventbrite.com
June 25-28: California Podiatric Medical Association’s Western Foot and Ankle Conference in Anaheim, Calif.
- WesternU Dinner on Friday, June 26, 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Naples Ristorante E Pizzeria at Downtown Disney. Register online at https://westernu-cpma.eventbrite.com.
July 10-14: American Veterinary Medical Association’s Annual Convention in Boston, Mass.
- WesternU Reception on Sunday, July 12… Save the Date!
For more information, or to RSVP for any of these alumni events, please contact the Alumni Office at (909) 469-ALUM or firstname.lastname@example.org.