For more information, or to RSVP for any of these alumni events, please contact the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 469-ALUM.
September 12-14: Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California’s 25th Annual Fall Conference in Monterey, CA
- WesternU/COMP exhibit table, September 12-13, at the Monterey Plaza Hotel (400 Cannery Row)
- The Conference is scheduled to include CME lectures by OPSC President and COMP Vice Dean David Connett, DO ’84 (opioids); Nancy Rubin, DO ’97 (thrombocytopenia and anticoagulants); John P. Zopfi, DO ’86 (post-trauma management); and COMP Professor of Family Medicine and former Dean Clint Adams, DO (AOA/ACGME single residency)
September 17-20: Vision Expo West Conference in Las Vegas, NV
- WesternU reception on Saturday, September 20, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Grimaldi’s Pizzeria on level two of The Palazzo Las Vegas (3325 S Las Vegas Blvd). Please RSVP for the reception online
- Alumni: There are special programs at the conference for Young Professionals; and if you register for the conference with this special link (www.visionexpowest.com/WUHSCO), you can get free exhibit hall registration and 10% off CE
September 27: College of Optometry Founder’s Day on campus. Come out for inspirational speakers, scholarships & recognitions, a vendor fair, raffle prizes and food!
September 27: Oregon-ACOFP Primary Care Seminar at COMP-Northwest (200 Mullins Dr) in Lebanon, OR
- Following the Seminar at 4:30 p.m. will be a student-doctor networking event, “Connecting Physicians and Medical Students;” and there will be a complimentary Alumni Reception, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- The Seminar is scheduled to include CME lectures by Eden Miller, DO (diabetes); COMP-Northwest Professor Brion Benninger, MD (ultrasound); Tom Gray, DO ’12, and Mountain View Medical Center (medical home); and Cyndi Worden, DO ’04, MSHPE ’04 (OMM)
October 9-12: California Academy of Physician Assistants’ Annual Conference in Palm Springs, CA
- WesternU exhibit booth, October 10-11, at the Palm Springs Convention Center (277 N Avenida Caballeros)
- WesternU Reception on Friday, October 10, 6:30-9:00 p.m. in the Andreas Room of the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel (888 Tahquitz Canyon Way). Please RSVP for the reception online
October 18: College of Veterinary Medicine’s Alumni Reunion, honoring the Class of 2009. Details TBA. Save the date!
October 24-25: California Physical Therapy Association’s Annual Conference in Oakland, CA
- WesternU exhibit booth (#121), October 24-25, at the Oakland Convention Center (550 10th Street)
- WesternU Reception on Friday, October 24, 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the California Room on the third floor of the Oakland City Center Marriott (1001 Broadway). Please RSVP for the reception online
October 25-29: American Osteopathic Association’s OMED Convention in Seattle, WA
- WesternU exhibit booth (#835), October 25-27, at the Washington State Convention Center (800 Convention Place)
- WesternU Reception on Monday, October 27, 6:00-8:00 p.m., at the Space Needle (203 6th Avenue North). Please RSVP for the reception online
October 30-November 2: California Society for Health-System Pharmacists’ Seminar in San Francisco, CA
- WesternU Dessert Reception on Saturday, November 1, 8:00-10:00 p.m. at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square (333 O’Farrell Street). Please RSVP for the reception online
November 8: WesternU’s “A Tribute to Caring” Scholarship Fundraising Gala at the Disneyland Hotel (1150 W Magic Way) in Anaheim, CA.
- Reception at 6:30 p.m., dinner and program at 7:30 p.m. Please call (909) 469-5580 to register, to attend, or to find out about sponsorship opportunities.
November 12-15: American Academy of Optometry’s Academy Meeting in Denver, CO
- College of Optometry alumni planning to attend this conference or who live in the area should contact Monique Tessier at email@example.com to RSVP for an alumni gathering with Dean Hoppe.
December 7-11: American Society for Health-System Pharmacists’ Mid-Year Meeting in Anaheim, CA
- WesternU reception TBA
For more information, or to RSVP for any of these alumni events, please contact the Alumni Office at (909) 469-ALUM or firstname.lastname@example.org.