For more information, or to RSVP for any of these alumni events, please contact the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 469-ALUM.
Sep. 11-13: Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California’s Annual Fall Conference in Monterey, Calif.
- WesternU Exhibit Table on Friday and Saturday, Sep. 11 and 12 at the Monterey Plaza Hotel (400 Cannery Row). Stop by for the latest news and information!
Sep. 13-Nov. 8: Glaucoma Certification Course for ODs on campus. Didactic courses on Sep. 13 and 20, and Oct. 4 and Oct. 18. Grand Rounds on Nov. 7 and 8. For details and other CE opportunities for optometrists, click here.
Sep. 15: Before summer officially ends, come to the Alumni Mixer on Tuesday, Sep. 15, 6:00-8:00 p.m., at SmithHouse Tap & Grill (10351 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025). Join your fellow WesternU alumni for an evening of appetizers, drinks, and lively conversation. RSVP to Austin Braunwalder at (909) 469-8495 or email@example.com by Thursday, Sep. 10.
Sep. 16: COMP CME Lecture – “An Evening of Dermatology,” with Associate Professor Laurie Woll, DO, and William Chow, DO ’82. Wednesday, Sep. 16, 5:00-7:30 p.m. on campus in Lecture Hall 1 on the second floor of the Health Education Center. For details or to register to attend this free event, please go to https://comp-dermatology.eventbrite.com.
Sep. 17-19: Vision Expo West Conference in Las Vegas, Nev.
- WesternU Reception on Saturday, Sep. 19, 4:30-6:30 p.m. at StripBurger (3200 Las Vegas Blvd) in the Fashion Show Mall across the street from the Palazzo Hotel. RSVP for the reception online at https://westernu-vew.westernu.edu.
- ALUMNI: Register for the Conference at http://www.visionexpowest.com/WUHSCO to receive free registration (a $150 value) and a 10% discount on education courses. Also, check out the Young Professionals Club for ODs who have been out of school for five years or less.This unique club serves as a resource to provide benefits to help members succeed in their career progression. Benefits include discounts on services, access to resources, and networking opportunities across the country. At Vision Expo East and West, members receive free registration, 6 free hours of education, and special programs for young ODs. Join this free club to receive the great opportunities available to you.
Sep. 17-20: Osteopathic Physician and Surgeons of Oregon’s Annual Primary Care CME Conference in Portland, Ore. at the Downtown Portland Embassy Suites (319 SW Pine Street).
- COMP-Northwest Exhibit Table on Friday and Saturday, Sep. 18 and 19.
- COMP-Northwest-sponsored reception on Saturday, Sep. 19.
Sep. 26-27: California Physical Therapy Association’s Annual Conference in Pasadena, Calif.
- WesternU Exhibit Booth (#600) on Saturday and Sunday, Sep. 26 and 27 at the Pasadena Convention Center (300 E. Green Street)
- WesternU Reception on Sunday, Sep. 27, 2:30-4:00 p.m. in the private room of Restaurant Soleil in the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel (303 Cordova Street). Register for this reception online at https://westernu-cpta.eventbrite.com
Oct. 8-11: California Academy of Physician Assistants’ Annual Conference in Palm Springs, Calif.
- WesternU Reception on Friday, Oct. 9, 6:30-9:00 p.m. in the Andreas Room of the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel (888 East Tahquitz Canyon Way). Register for this reception online at https://westernu-capa.eventbrite.com.
- WesternU Exhibit Booth (#704) on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 9 and 10 at the Palm Springs Convention Center (277 N. Avenida Caballeros)
Oct. 8-11: California Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Annual Seminar at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina (1380 Harbor Island Drive) in San Diego, Calif.
- WesternU Dessert Reception on Friday, Oct. 9, 8:00-10:00 p.m. on the Shoreline Patio. Register for this reception online at http://2015-cshp-reception.eventbrite.com.
- WesternU Exhibit Booth on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 9 and 10
Oct. 14-17: American Academy of Optometry’s Academy 2015 Meeting in New Orleans, La.
- Contact Christina Garcia at (909) 706-3786 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on a WesternU alumni gathering during the conference.
Oct. 17: College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2010 5-Year Reunion. Save the date for a dinner back on campus reconnecting and reminiscing with classmates.
Oct. 17-21: American Osteopathic Association’s OMED Convention in Orlando, Fla.
- WesternU Exhibit Booth (#436) Saturday-Monday, Oct. 17-19 at the Orange County Convention Center (9800 International Drive)
- WesternU Reception on Monday, Oct. 19, 7:00-9:00 p.m. in the Havana Ballroom on the second floor of the Cuba Libre Restaurant (9101 International Drive). Register online at https://westernu-omed2015.eventbrite.com
Oct. 24: Make plans to attend WesternU Casino Night on Saturday, Oct. 24, 7:00 p.m. to Midnight, at the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel and Conference Center. For just $75/person, you’ll get to experience an exciting night of fun casino games, dancing, and hors d’oeuvres while reminiscing with friends! For more information visit www.westernu.edu/casinonight or contact Austin Braunwalder at (909) 469-8495 or email@example.com, or Danielle Katayama at (909) 469-5436 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nov. 7: Save the date for A Tribute to Caring, WesternU’s annual scholarship fundraising gala at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, Calif.
For more information, or to RSVP for any of these alumni events, please contact the Alumni Office at (909) 469-ALUM or email@example.com.