Tuition & Fees
Please refer to the Tuition Due Schedules for the current academic year in our Tuition area. Please review your account summary frequently to stay updated on outstanding tuition and fees. Please see below on How to Read Your Self-Service (BanWeb) Account Summary.
All student accounts must be settled by the student’s prospective class start date, otherwise the account will be considered past due. Accounts that have tuition and/or mandatory fees outstanding will be subject to a penalty fee of $30 per day. This fee will apply starting the day after the first day of the academic term.
- Credit cards (VISA or MasterCard)
- Electronic or wire transfer remittances
- Please email the Bursar’s Office for wire information. BursarsOffice@westernu.edu
- When submitting a wire payment please notify the Bursar’s Office of the date, name of the bank, student name/ID#, and amount of the wire.
- Financial Aid sources (including scholarships)
- All student payments are to be mailed to the Bursar’s office in Pomona. Please include the “Student Account Payment Form” with your payment. This form is located in our Forms & Documents section.
- Self addressed envelopes are available for your convenience.
- PLEASE DO NOT MAIL CASH PAYMENTS.
These are funds issued to the students, resulting from the following:
- The student account shows a credit balance after all charges have been paid and settled;
- Cancellation or reversal of charges which have been funded earlier;
- Withdrawal, dismissal, or leave of absence; OR
- Funds are refunded or returned to the lender upon refusal of such loan by student and upon the request of the student.
The Hope Scholarship and the Lifetime Learning credits are determined by the amount a taxpayer(student) paid for qualified tuition and related expenses and the amount of his/her modified adjusted gross income for the same taxable year. Please consult a qualified tax preparer, CPA, or IRS online for further interpretation and understanding.
In an effort to maintain the balance in rising costs associated with campus growth and in accommodating the increased student demand for parking spaces, the new annual student parkng permit fee has been established at $470.00 beginning academic year 2013-2014. This fee increase also considers the study and information gathered by the University Parking Task Force on the actual costs incurred for parking by the University as well as with respect to the parking practices carried out by other higher education institutions.
Parking is non-refundable.
It is a short term loan granted to a qualified student, meeting the emergency criteria. Applications are approved by the Bursar s Office. Repayment is required within three months or upon receipt of any financial aid funds, whichever occurs first. A delinquency could be subject to a ‘collection hold status.
It is a student financial record which details all financial charges, such as tuition and fees, health insurance, parking permit, emergency loan; and all payments, such as personal checks and cash, financial aid funding, scholarship and other fund award.
It is suggested that you access your Self-Service (BanWeb) Account Summary by term for more clarity. See an example by selecting the link below.
New Loan Servicer
Please be aware that WesternU has changed loan servicers and will now be using ECSI, Inc. If your loans are in a grace period or repayment, please feel free to contact them:
(888) 549-ECSI (3274)
Hours- 7:30am- 8:00pm ET
Live chat also available online.
Electronic 1098Ts Will Be Available on BanWeb
In order to comply with the standard method of communication amongst the university community, the Bursar’s Office will now be furnishing 1098T forms electronically.
Please be informed:
- These forms will be available on Self-Service (BanWeb) by January 31st.
- Paper 1098Ts will not be issued unless you personally request a copy from the Bursar’s Office.
- If you do not wish to receive an electronic 1098T please submit a written withdrawal via email or letter to the Bursar’s Office.
- These statements will be available for calendar years in which your tuition was assessed. You will no longer receive a 1098T once you have ceased tuition charges.
- If you believe tuition information contained on your 1098T is incorrect, please contact the Bursar’s Office.
- Self-Service (BanWeb) can be accessed anytime via the University’s website: http://www.westernu.edu/.
- Log on to Self-Service (Banweb)
- Go to Student Services
- Go to Student Records Menu
- Go to Tax Notification
- Enter Tax Year