General Accounting is responsible for recording the inflow and outflow of University resources and can assist with inquiries or research regarding financial matters and fund balances.
Christopher Crow, Assistant Treasurer of Fiscal Operations
Management of general accounting, including: accounts payable, payroll operations, accounting policies and procedures, financial information and controls, auditing.
Perry Self, CPA – Accounting Manager
Accounting and compliance functions that includes preparation of financial information, researching, auditing, monitoring, etc.
Rosa Aldama, Financial Accountant
Account analysis and full review of general ledger, bank & investment reconciliations, tax filings.
Open, Accounting Associate II
General ledger user profile maintenance, finance approval queue maintenance, and journal entries.
- Activity Code Request Form
- Check Stop Pay or Copy Form
- Fund Transfer Request Form
- New Fund Form
- Reclassification of Expense Form
Additional Financial Information
- Guidelines for Banner Program Codes
- Guidelines for Discretionary Funds
- Guidelines for Internal Controls
- Guidelines for Transferring Funds
- Management Responsibility and Accountability
IRS Form 990 Filings
Audited Financial Statements
Which Sales are subject to sales tax?
How do I obtain a copy University’s W-9?
If I need to make a cash transfer, which form should I use?
Who do I send the cash transfer and reclassification form to?
How can I check on a fund balance?
- Log into Self-Service (Banweb) (https://banapps.westernu.edu:4443/”)
- Select Financial Services from the main menu
- Select Budget Queries
- Create a query by entering the fund and the organization number
- Submit the query
How can I gain access to a fund or org?
Contact Chris Crow (909) 469-5409 (firstname.lastname@example.org)in the University Financial Services & Treasury
Who should I call regarding questions on my financial reports?
How do I go about getting a credit card terminal?
Contact Rosa Aldama in the University Financial Services & Treasury at (909) 706-3514 or email@example.com
How can I expense a Federal/State grants and contracts?
You need to obtain an approval from Sponsored Programs and Contract Management before you can submit the request to the University Financial Services & Treasury
How do I set up a fund?