Use the following links to learn about WesternU’s history and philosophy, its current colleges and programs, and its plans for the future.
- WesternU: A Distinctive Institution
- Academic Outcomes
- Mission Statement
- University History
- University and Academic Administration
- Ten Year Strategic Plan
The current Faculty Handbook provide useful information on policies and procedures affecting university faculty overall. For policies and procedures specific to your college, refer to the following handbook supplements
- Supplement – COMP Faculty Handbook (2007) (568 KB pdf file)
- Supplement – CAHP Faculty Handbook (2007) (235 KB pdf file)
- Supplement – COP Faculty Handbook (2008) (178 KB pdf file)
- Supplement – CVM Faculty By-Laws (2006) (87 KB pdf file)
- Supplement – CVM Standards for Promotion & Tenure (2006) (244 KB pdf file)
You may also wish to review the university’s Employee Handbook.
For specific information about the Department in which you’ll be teaching, use the College drop-down menu in the black bar above to select your College/Program from the available menu options.
Other areas of the university Web site that you will find essential to your new role as a WesternU faculty member include the following, Please take time to explore each of these areas.
- University Intranet (available on-campus only)
- University Policies and Procedures (available on-campus only)
Faculty Senate Minutes (available on-campus only)
Center for Academic and Professional Enhancement (CAPE) – learn about Faculty Development opportunities here
- Center for Disabilities and the Health Professions (CDHP) – be sure to visit the Accommodations and Resource Center (AARC)
- Learning Enhancement and Development Office (LEAD)
- University Research Web site
- Directory of Faculty Teaching Expertise – Find a colleague in this directory that lists the expertise of various WesternU faculty by content area. New faculty: please add your area of teaching expertise.
- Blackboard Course Management System (requires username and password)
- BanWeb Self-Service System (requires username and password)
Harriet K and Philip Pumerantz Library – note in particular the Services for Faculty
- Employee Assistance Program (PacifiCare) – also offers student support. Log in with the username “WesternU” and password “care”.
- Interprofessional Education Web site
- International Scholar Relations