The VLC variable speed media player uses compressed audio to play lecture capture files from 1/8x to 8x normal speed. The player works with downloadable versions of Echo360 recordings (PowerPoint + audio), however, it will not work with the streaming version (Video + PowerPoint + audio)
The following instructions explain how to use the free VLC media player, which can be downloaded from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html. More information on the player interface can be found through the Help dropdown menu of the player itself.
- Locate the video you want to watch using the variable speed player.
- Select the Video Podcast link.
- Click the link to download the media file and save it to your computer.
- Launch the VLC player.
- Select Open File from the Media dropdown menu.
- Locate the Echo MP4 file on your computer and click Open. The file will open with the embedded VLC player.
- From the Playback dropdown menu, use the speed controls to speed up or slow down the speed of the recording.