Google Apps is a powerful set of communication and collaboration tools that is available through our university Website domain to help you stay connected and work together more effectively.
- Google Docs - Lets you upload your files from your desktop and share them with anyone for real-time collaboration.
- Google Calendars - Provides agenda management, scheduling, shared online calendars and mobile calendar sync.
- Google Sites - Enables you to create your own secure, coding-free web pages for intranets and team managed sites.
Anyone with a WesternU email account can access these tools from any computer or smart phone. Go to myweb.westernu.edu to log in and learn more.
- Docs overview (1:41 video)
- Docs basics
- Spreadsheets basics
- Presentations basics
- Organize, find, and share your docs
- Training videos (1-3 minutes)
- Docs FAQS for Apps users
Additional tuorials, including how to use Google Docs with different smartphones, may be found at https://sites.google.com/a/googleapps.com/google-apps-learning-center/docs and http://docs.google.com/support/?hl=en_US.
- Calendar overview (1:46 video)
- Interactive tour (requires Adobe Flash Player)
- Scheduling and other calendar basics
- Set up reminders, sharing, and more
- Training videos (1-5 minutes)
- Calendar tips and tricks
- Calendar FAQS for Apps users
Additional tuorials, including how to use Google Calendars with different smartphones, may be found at https://sites.google.com/a/googleapps.com/google-apps-learning-center/calendar and http://www.google.com/support/calendar/.
Additional tuorials, including how to use Google Sites with different smartphones, may be found at http://sites.google.com/support/?hl=en
If you are not able to log in to Google Apps...
- Make sure you're entering your WesternU username, not your full email address (ex., jkellogg, rather than firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Try pressing Ctrl-F5 to clear your cache.
- Go to the Curriculum Calendars at www.westernu.edu/students-calendars. Select an HTML link to another calendar (one that you don't normally use), then select the calendar you normally use.
If none of those options work, contact Technical Support at x5432 or email@example.com to make sure you are on the Google Apps User's list or troubleshoot further.ï»¿