Welcome to FACE: Faculty for
Autism Collaboration & Education
where we are facing the autism epidemic together!
ON THE AUTISM CHANNEL
- ASD is a “treatable whole body disorder”
- ASD is too complex for single-minded, narrow, or rigid approaches, as every individual on the spectrum is different
- ASD is a “spectrum” diagnosis, requiring a “spectrum” of perspectives, resources, treatments, and services
- Multiple and diverse perspectives are both valuable and needed to help individuals, families, and professionals maximize opportunities for purposeful intervention
- Integrated perspectives and approaches can help address the tremendous fragmentation that exists in the field, which often impairs the ability to access the continuum of needed services and treatments and serves to compound ASD-related hardships
- ASD creates a “ripple effect,” impacting significant others, families, entire communities, and society at large
- Efforts on behalf of individuals with autism/ASD should focus on abilities, on what the person CAN do, not just deficit areas; a baseline of “functionality” serves as a healthy foundation on which to build
- ASD is not only a pediatric disorder; attention must also be paid to older children and adults with ASD
Tuesday April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day
FACE team members will be in the HEC courtyard from 10am-2pm to share information.
wins Communitas Award
The Autism Channel, which has partnered with Western University of Health Sciences to raise awareness about autism issues, is one of about 30 organizations and corporations to receive a 2013 Communitas Award, an international effort to recognize the spirit of communitas – people helping people.Click here to read the full story.
now streaming on
ASD is too complex for narrow or single-minded perspectives. The notion that there is a right answer or a single best approach is limiting and potentially harmful when trying to address it.more
Save The Date
11th Annual Trends in Autism Conference
April 6th, 2013
The Casa Colina Foundation
of Health Sciences
Come see members of our FACE Team present their innovative perspectives at this outstanding annual CME conference. For more information, visit casacolina.org