Guest Parking Information and Check In Location
Welcome to Western University of Health Sciences!
If you are an expected guest, whomever you are scheduled to visit will arrange parking for you prior to your visit.
- Please enter lot 17 on Gibbs Street (please see parking map)
- At the first Right turn there is a sign directing you to turn for “Guest Permits and Information”.
- There is a signed parking spot for Guest Check-In (between the University Services Center and the Bookstore).
- Please see the security parking person stationed on the esplanade, they are expecting you.
- As a scheduled guest, Security will have a parking permit and visitor badge ready for you. They will assist you with parking and directions to your destination.
If for any reason the security parking person is not available please enter the University Services Center to your left and find the Guest check-in desk in the lobby. There is both a bell and a telephone for your use to contact security for assistance.
All guests parked in WesternU parking are required to have a “Guest Parking Permit” with a current date on it, displayed in the front window of their vehicle.
If you are not a scheduled guest you may still follow the above procedure and security will assist you.
If guest parking is not available you may use the City of Pomona “Daily Permit Parking” in parking lot #12. Please see Daily Permit Parking instructions below.
Special Needs: Please contact the department you are visiting to arrange parking before you arrive.
City Public Metered Parking (formerly Daily Permit):
Information for Day and Evening Parking
For daytime use only Lot # 12 is available adjacent to campus. This lot is located behind the Subway on Gibbs, between 1st and 2nd Streets.
City spaces in this lot are “Public Metered” (pay) parking 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. The first 3 hours of parking are free but you are Required to enter the parking space number in the permit machine no matter how long you are staying.
When purchasing this parking between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. the fee is $3.00 for the day. When purchasing after 7:00 p.m. the fee is $1.00. The machine accepts coins, bills, Visa and MasterCard.
1. Note the number of the space that you have parked in.
2. The Daily Permit box is stationed near the entrance to the lot. Go to the box and enter your space number.
3. Enter the number of hours you will be parking. The machine will give you the fee amount and ask you to pay if applicable.
4. You may request a receipt although the city does not require it to be displayed.