The mission of the IME is to actively promote the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to encourage the optimal performance of COMP’s Faculty, Staff, and Administration.
To this end, the IME's primary purposes are the following:
- To support the COMP Faculty's ability to function effectively within University and College setting.
- To support the COMP Faculty's ability to successfully carry out the mission and curricular goals of COMP.
- To encourage and support lifelong learning and professional development activities which will contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a successful career path.
Roles & Functions
In service to the mission, the IME will be responsible for the following activities:
- New Faculty Orientation & Education
- Coordinate activities to assist new faculty members in making a successful transition to life at COMP
- Coordinate new faculty Individualized Baseline Needs Assessment
- Develop and institute a formal peer-mentorship program
- Identify, create, and implement opportunities and/or forums for COMP Faculty members to share valuable information and serve as a resource to each other
- Serve as a link with CAPE; participate in the development and delivery of selected workshops
- Assist with the development/coordination of appropriate faculty professional development activities and programs
- Maintain a COMP Faculty website containing links to relevant information
- Facilitate Department retreats as needed/requested and other activities to support Department Chair leadership efforts
- Work in concert with Department Chairs and other COMP Offices and/or personnel to support Faculty success; create and/or streamline relevant processes
- Keep appraised of best practices in the area of faculty development
- Develop and/or facilitate relevant Faculty Learning Community (FLC) activities
- Interface regularly with AMT to ensure needs are being met and related issues are addressed
- Present at Faculty meetings as needed to ensure adequate communication of faculty resources
- Other activities as needed to meet IME goals