Welcome to the Institute for Medical Educators!
The Institute for Medical Educators (IME) at the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific is dedicated to promoting an optimal learning environment through activities designed to support and enhance faculty performance.
Working in concert with the Center for Academic and Professional Enhancement (CAPE) and other University and College Departments, the IME offers services ranging from individualized faculty orientation to facilitating Departmental retreats and providing resources to Chairs. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions related to faculty life at COMP. We are pleased to work with you in your efforts to deliver the best possible osteopathic medical education.
Gail Singer-Chang, Psy.D.
Administrative Assistant II, IME
Assistant Director of Clinical Education
The mission of the IME is to actively promote the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to encourage the optimal performance of COMP’s Faculty, Staff, and Administration.
To this end, the IME’s primary purposes are the following:
- To support the COMP Faculty’s ability to function effectively within University and College setting.
- To support the COMP Faculty’s ability to successfully carry out the mission and curricular goals of COMP.
- To encourage and support lifelong learning and professional development activities which will contribute to
the establishment and maintenance of a successful career path.
Roles & Functions
In service to the mission, the IME will be responsible for the following activities:
- New Faculty Orientation & Education
- Identify, create, and implement opportunities and/or forums for COMP Faculty members to share valuable information and serve as a resource to each other
- Serve as a link with CAPE; participate in the development and delivery of selected workshops
- Assist with the development/coordination of appropriate faculty professional development activities and programs
- Maintain a COMP Faculty website containing links to relevant information
- Facilitate Department retreats as needed/requested and other activities to support Department Chair leadership efforts
- Work in concert with Department Chairs and other COMP Offices and/or personnel to support Faculty success; create and/or streamline relevant processes
- Keep appraised of best practices in the area of faculty development
- Develop and/or facilitate relevant Faculty Learning Community (FLC) activities
- Present at Faculty meetings as needed to ensure adequate communication of faculty resources
- Other activities as needed to meet IME goals