Program Review Committee
The Assessment and Program Review Committee is university-wide standing committee responsible for developing and monitoring WesternU’s assessment and program review processes. The committee serves a valuable role by overseeing these two ongoing quality assurance initiatives to help programs reflect on and improve their effectiveness.
The committee’s responsibilities are divided into two separate, but related areas: 1) Program Review and 2) Institutional Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes. Specific duties include:
- Program Review
- Develop and continually monitor University’s Program Review Guidelines
- Develop supporting documentation (templates, forms, standards, etc.) for Program Review process
- Advise programs with planning and execution of review process
- Develop guidelines for University’s assessment of the institutional student learning outcomes.
- Review annual program assessment reports and provide feedback to programs.
- Committee Members
- Attend committee meetings
- Participate and contribute to subcommittee activities
- Act as liaison between committee and college/unit to facilitate completion of assessment and program review reports.
- One representative from each WesternU college
- One member from the Office of Student Affairs
- WesternU’s Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- WesternU’s Assessment Analyst