About LEAD Office Counseling
- Free service for all Western University students wherever you are – online or face to face
- Confidential, individual appointments with a learning skills counselor- Helps successful students, too!
- Further improve performance- Increase efficiency- Learn new study strategies. Get a plan!
- Big assist to students who are experiencing academic difficulties
- Sign up yourself or be referred by a professor or staff member
- If you are experiencing academic difficulties, get a counseling appointment now!
Step 1 – Review Staff Profiles
Determine which counselor can provide you with the assistance you need.
Step 2 - Complete the Assessments (required)
Step 3 - Schedule an Appointment (Use Blackboard/WesternU login information)
- Each session is about 45 minutes
- Schedule at least one day in advance
- If a counselor’s schedule is blocked in blue even if there is white space next to it, do NOT try to make an appointment then
- Any appointment added to an already blocked time will be declined
Step 4 – Arrive for your Appointment
If you have to cancel, please give us at least 24 hours notice.
Step 5 – Follow up
Counseling is almost always an ongoing process. Be prepared.