Description: EMBASE provides comprehensive access to pharmacological and biomedical literature. More than 18 million records are available with over 11 million EMBASE records from 1974-present and over 7 million unique MEDLINE records from 1966-present. More than 7,000 journals from over 70 countries are indexed, 2,000 more journals than covered by EMBASE or MEDLINE individually.
Access: Western University of Health Sciences authorized users only. Remote access via the proxy server available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of Western University.
Provider: Elsevier Science
Coverage: List of journals indexed in EMBASE
- – Drug Research
- – Pharmacology
- – Pharmacy
- – Pharmacoeconomics
- – Pharmaceutics
- – Toxicology
- – Human Medicine (Clinical and Experimental)
- – Basic Biological Research
- – Health Policy and Management
- – Public, Occupational, and Environmental Health
- – Substance Dependence and Abuse
- – Psychiatry
- – Forensic Science
- – Biomedical Engineering and Instrumentation
- – Nursing
- – Dentistry
- – Veterinary Science
Authorized Users are the full-time and part-time students, faculty, staff and researchers of the Subscriber and individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors of the Subscriber affiliated with the Subscriber’s location and individuals using computer terminals within the library facilities at the Sites permitted by the Subscriber to access the Subscribed Products for purposes of personal research, education or other non-corporate use. Authorized Users who are individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors may use the Subscribed Products only for the purposes of the contracted research work for the Subscriber.
Access, search, browse and view the Subscribed Products; print, download and store a reasonable portion of individual items from the Subscribed Products for the exclusive use of such Authorized User; and incorporate links to the Subscribed Products on the Subscriber’s intranet and internet websites and in electronic coursepacks, reserves and course management systems and instructor websites, provided that the appearance of such links and/or statements accompanying such links will be changed as reasonably requested by Elsevier.
- Will only disclose to unaffiliated third parties:
- – To respond to or comply with the law
- – To enforce and protect our rights and properties
- – To detect, investigate and help prevent security threats
- – To protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others
- – If acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company
Full policy: https://www.elsevier.com/legal/privacy-policy