All borrowers must be registered in the library’s circulation system and show a WesternU ID badge with each transaction.
Faculty, staff, and students of Western University must have a WU issued ID card to be eligible for library services. Students may check out books for the following time periods:
|On Campus Pomona Students:||1 week, 3 renewals|
|On Campus Northwest Students:||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|All Off Campus Students:||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Popular reading books:||2 months|
|Alumni & IEALC (limit of 3 items):||2 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Reserve items:||Varies by reserve|
|Interlibrary Loan Books:||3 weeks, no renewal|
|Theses & Dissertations:||1 month, no renewal|
|Reference items & Journals:||Library Use Only|
|Adjunct Faculty:||6 weeks, no renewals|
|Clinical Faculty:||6 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Faculty:||6 weeks, 2 renewals|
|OPTI-West:||2 weeks, 1 renewal|
|Guests:||Please call the library at 909-469-5323 for more information.|
If items checked out on your library card are not turned in on or before the scheduled due date, they are considered to be overdue and charges will be accrued on your library account.
- • Charges on overdue items are $ .25 per day.
- › Students on the Pomona Campus pay overdue fines at the Circulation Desk of the Pumerantz Library.
- › COMP-NW students may pay overdue fines at the Lebanon Campus Bookstore.
- • Reserve material is $1.00 for each hour item is overdue.
- • Overdue fines on Interlibrary Loan books are $1.00 a day.
- • Patrons will have their borrowing privileges suspended when their items are overdue or they have fines of any amount.
- • Courtesy notices on overdue materials will be sent out weekly for 3 weeks as a reminder to return material.
- • After the third overdue notice the item will be marked lost, and a bill will be sent to the current address in the University system for the price of the item plus a $30.00 processing fee.
- • If overdue fines, lost and/or damage fees collectively are over $500.00 and not paid by faculty, staff or visitors within 90 days, it may be sent to collections at the discretion of library administration.
Holds may be placed on library materials that are checked out and on items showing an available status in the online catalog. To place holds you will need your userID (@ number) and a PIN. If you do not know your PIN please contact Library Circulation at 909-469-5323 or email email@example.com to request it.
- › Items will be held for two days at the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
- › An item may not be renewed if there is a wait list for the item.
- › There is a limit of five active holds at any one time.
- Holds may be placed on the circulating collection which excludes Media Lab, Reserve and Reference items.
- Holds should be canceled by the requester in-person, by phone or online if the item is no longer needed.
- Repeatedly not picking up hold items may result in the loss of hold privileges.
The Pumerantz Library offers the ability to renew your books outside of the library using the online catalog. To renew items, you will need your UserID (@ number) and a PIN. If you do not know your PIN, contact us at 909-469-5323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
- Visit the library’s online catalog and click on “My Account”.
- Click “Renew My Materials”.
- Enter your UserID (@ number) and PIN, click “List Charged Items”.
- If you want to renew all material on your account, select the radio button “Renew all”.
- If you want to renew selected material, click the radio button “Renew selected items” then click check marks next to the material you would like to renew.
- Click “Renew selected items”. A summary page will let you know if your renewals were successful.
- An item may not be renewed if there is a wait list for the item or if you have exceeded your renewal limit.
- If your items do not renew successfully please call the circulation desk during library open hours at (909) 469-5323.
Print Journals may not be checked out. The Journal collection is located on the third floor. Photocopiers/scanners are available in the second and third floor labs and first floor of the library.
The print Reference Collection is available on the second floor. Reference material may not be checked out.