Items in the library collection, or items directly related to the course curriculum may be placed on reserve at the Circulation Desk for up to 2 weeks or, with the approval of the Executive Director, University Library, up to the duration of the course. Material must be delivered to the Library 24 hours before students are notified that the item is on reserve. Only the instructor of the course may request to put an item on reserve.
Placing an Item on Reserve
- Please submit your reserve request by using the online reserve request form. You may also print out a PDF version of the Reserve Request Form (88KB pdf) to fill out and return to the Circulation Desk.
- If an item from the library is requested for reserve but is currently checked out, a hold will be placed on the item and the item will be put on reserve once it is returned. Items checked out will not be recalled.
- If the item is a photocopy, each page and/or set must be numbered and be copyright compliant.
- If the item is a video, include viewing instructions before sending the DVD to the library.
Items that may be Placed on Reserve
- Photocopies of journal articles
- Supplemental books
- Personal books or videos
Items that may NOT be Placed on Reserve
- Required textbooks
Circulation Librarians will return items to the Instructor at the end of the Reserve period.