The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 prevents the Registrar’s Office from releasing materials contained in your student file without your written permission. To comply with FERPA, Western University of Health Sciences requires that requests be made in writing. The Office of the Registrar will not accept any requests by telephone.
HOW TO OBTAIN VERIFICATION OF ENROLLMENT
The Office of the Registrar is pleased to announce that students can now enjoy the convenience of free and easy access to enrollment verifications and information, which can be accessed directly via the Student Portal. To print your self-service enrollment verification today, log in to the Student Portal and click on the National Student Clearinghouse Enrollment Verification link from the Personal Info & Student Record Menu.
Students may also print the ‘Verification Request Form’ below, complete it and fax or mail it to the Office of the Registrar for processing. For complete instructions, please review the ‘Verification Request Form’ and instructions below.
Verification Request Form (751.0 KB PDF file)
This file is in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader® to view it. To download a free copy, please visit our Plug-Ins page.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE REQUEST FORM
The Verification Request Form is also available in the Office of the Registrar. If you are not able to download the above form or visit our office to complete the form; requests can also be made in writing with the following information:
Full legal name (include any former names used while attending)
Social Security number or student ID number
Program and year of graduation (if applicable)
Name/Organization and full address of where documents should be forwarded
Current address and daytime telephone number
Date of request
Request must have the student’s signature. Requests made by others on behalf of the student will not be accepted.
Request may be mailed or faxed. Visit our Contact page for forwarding address and contact numbers.
All requests must indicate the name/organization of the party to whom the document is intended.
- Requests may take up to 3-5 business days to process
Students may request for their documents to be picked up in the Office of the Registrar. Students will be notified via their WesternU email when request is ready for pick up (please bring photo ID). Materials requested for pick up will be purged after 30 days.
- If you have a deadline, printed proof, clearly stated, must be attached to your request
Letters of Enrollment will only verify enrollment for past or current terms.
Letters of Good Standing will only be processed if students meet their program’s satisfactory academic progress requirement as indicated in the University Catalog.
College/Program Specific Good Standing Policies, 2017-2018:
- College of Allied Health Professions (CAHP) – Master of Science in Health Sciences
- College of Allied Health Professions (CAHP) – Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
- College of Allied Health Professions (CAHP) – Doctor of Physical Therapy
- College of Dental Medicine (CDM)
- College of Graduate Nursing (CGN)
- College of Optometry (CO)
- College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP)
- College of Pharmacy (COP) – Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- College of Pharmacy (COP) – Doctor of Pharmacy
- College of Podiatric Medicine (CPM)
- College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM)
- Graduate College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBS) – Master of Science in Medical Sciences
- Graduate College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBS) – Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences