- College of Vet Med – Pedro Paulo V.P. Diniz, DVM, Phd (Assistant Professor Small Animal Internal Medicine), Stanley Sowy (DVM 2014) co-authored a new article in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology. Vieira-Damiani, G., & Diniz, P. P. (2014). Bartonella clarridgeiae bacteremia detected in an asymptomatic blood donor. J. Clin. Microbiology. JCM.00934-14;published ahead of print 12 November 2014.
Ed Wagner PhD (Associate Professor of Physiology, COMP), research associate Cecilia Meza, student Amanda Borgquist (DVM 2018, MSBS 2014) published in the Journal of Neurophysiology. Borquist, A., Meza, C., & Wagner, E. J. (2014). The role of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) in the estrogenic attenuation of cannabinoid-induced changes in energy homeostasis. Journal of Neurophysiology, jn.00615.02014. doi: 10.1152/jn.00615.2014
Wang, Y., Yan, C., Liu, L., Wang, W., Du, H., Fan, W., . . . Liu, Y. (2014). 11ss-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 shRNA Ameliorates Glucocorticoid -Induced Insulin Resistance and Lipolysis in Mouse Abdominal Adipose Tissue. American Journal of Physiology Endocrinology and Metabolism, ajpendo.00205.02014. doi: 10.1152/ajpendo.00205.2014
Benninger, B. (2014). Google Glass, ultrasound and palpation: The anatomy teacher of the future? Clinical Anatomy. doi: 10.1002/ca.22480
October 2014 -
- Dr. Brion Benninger had his research manuscript, “Using ATP-Driven Bioluminescence Assay to Monitor Microbial Safety in a Contemporary Human Cadaver Laboratory,” published by the journal Clinical Anatomy online on Oct. 27 and listed in Pubmed
Patel, A. D., Rotenberg, S., Messer, R. L., Wataha, J. C., Ogbureke, K. U., McCloud, V. V., . . . Lewis, J. B. (2014). Blue light activates phase 2 response proteins and slows growth of a431 epidermoid carcinoma xenografts Anticancer Research 2014 34(11), 6305-6313.
Nishita Patel, MD, FACP – COMP Cacioppo, S., Fontang, F., Patel, N., Decety, J., Monteleone, G., & Cacioppo, J. T. (2014). Intention understanding over T: a neuroimaging study on shared representations and tennis return predictions. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 2014 Oct 6;8: 781. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2014.00781
- 2014 Western University of Health Sciences full text publications
Zhong, W., Hutchinson, T. E., Chebolu, S., & Darmani, N. A. (2014). Serotonin 5-HT(3) Receptor-Mediated Vomiting Occurs via the Activation of Ca(2+)/CaMKII-Dependent ERK1/2 Signaling in the Least Shrew (Cryptotis parva).Plos One 9(8). doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0104718
April 2014 -
- Morris D, Ly J, Chi P, Daliva J, Nguyen T, Soofer C, Chen YC, Lagman M, Venketaraman V (2014). Glutathione synthesis is compromised in erythrocytes from individuals with HIV. Frontiers in Pharmacology.5 (73) 1
- Tudela, EV; Singh MK; Lagman, M; Ly, J, Patel N, Ochoa C, and Venketaraman, V (2014). Cytokine Levels in Plasma Samples of Individuals with HIV Infection. Austin Journal of Clinical Immunology. 1 (1) 5.
- Saviola, B and Venketaraman, V (2013). An overview on select agents. The Journal of Southern California Clinicians. 7 (1). 24-28 (corresponding author).
Lagman, M; Ly, J; and Venketaraman, V (2013). Glutathione protects against Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection- a possible adjunctive therapy for individuals with HIV infection. The Journal of Southern California Clinicians. 7 (1). 29-32
Research pages of the individual colleges:
See featured faculty in the categories above, or, visit the research pages of the individual colleges. Alternatively, you may look at our directory of faculty and locate an individual by last name. Here is a list of faculty by expertise and college in PDF.
Please note: for a more complete listing of individual faculty research, please visit the individual college websites.