In view of the recent outbreak of swine flu, all WesternU students and employees are urged to implement basic strategies to prevent the spread of germs. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided such guidlines in the first document linked below. The second document describes a more comprehensive plan for responding to this health concern.
- Stop the Spread of Germs (167 KB pdf file)
- Pandemic Influenza Preparedness and Response Plan (328 KB pdf file)
Another area of concern is preparedness for earthquakes and other emergencies. The following document outlines WesternU’s plan for dealing with such emergencies.
- Safety and Survival in Earthquakes and Emergencies (516 KB pdf file)
You can also select from the following links to view different facets of WesternU’s Illness and Injury Prevention Plan.
- Injury Illness Prevention Plan (342 KB pdf file)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Program (113 KB pdf file)
- Chemical Hygiene Program (163 KB pdf file)
- Disaster Response Program (67 KB pdf file)
- Emergency Action/Fire Prevention Program (87 KB pdf file)
- Employee Exposure/Medical Record Requirement (28 KB pdf file)
- Hazard Communication Program (179 KB pdf file)
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Program (19 KB pdf file)
- Infection Control/Biohazard Waste Program (17 KB pdf file)
- Lock-Out/Tag-Out Program (98 KB pdf file)
- Respiratory Protection Program (92 KB pdf file)