2007 - PhD, Department of Integrative Biology, University of CA, Berkeley
2001 - MS, Department of Geology and Geophysics, University of Wyoming
1996 - BA, Department of Geology, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA, 2009 – present
- Research Associate, Department of Paleontology, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, CA, 2014 – present
- Research Associate, Division of Paleontology, American Museum of Natural History, NY, 2009 – present
- Lincoln Ellsworth Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Paleontology, American Museum of Natural History, NY, 2008 – 2009
- Western University Graduate College, Seed Grant: Computed Tomography, Workstation: Geometric Morphometric Analysis of Shape; B. Kraatz (PI), 2012
- American Philosophical Society, Franklin Research Grant, Exploration of Cenozoic. Deposits for vertebrate fossils in the Tarim Basin, Xinjiang, China; B. Kraatz (PI), 2012
- National Geographic Society, Waitt Grant, Exploration of Cenozoic Deposits for Fossil Vertebrates in Tajikistan; B. Kraatz (PI), 2012
American Museum of Natural History Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2007
George D. Louderback Award in Paleontology, University of California Museum of Paleontology, 2006
Annie Alexander Fellowship, University of California Museum of Paleontology, 2006
NSF Graduate GK-12 Fellowship, University of California, Berkeley Natural History Museums, 2004 – 2006
Outstanding Master’s Thesis, The University of Wyoming, 2001
Outstanding Masters Student, The University of Wyoming, Department of Geology and Geophysics, 2001
- Kraatz, BP, Bumacod, N, Sherratt, E, Wedel, M, accepted, Ecological correlates to cranial morphology in leporids. PeerJ. 2015 Mar 17;3:e844. doi: 10.7717/peerj.844.
- Flynn, L. J., Winkler, A.J., Erbaeva, M., Alexeeva, N., Anders, U., Angelone, C., Čermák, S., Fladerer, F.A., Kraatz, B., Ruedas, L.A., Ruf, I., Tomida, Y., Veitschegger, K., Zhang, Z., 2013, The Leporid Datum: A Late Mivgocene Biotic Marker. Mammal Review.
- O’Leary, MA, Bloch, JI, Flynn, JJ, Gaudin, TJ, Giallombardo, A, Giannini, NP, Goldberg, SL, Kraatz, BP, Luo, Z-x, Meng, J, Ni, X, Novacek, MJ, Perini, FA, Randall, Z, Rougier, GW, Sargis, EJ, Silcox, M, Simmons, NB, Spaulding, M, Velazco, PM, Weksler, M, Wible, JR, Cirranello, A. 2013. Response to Comment on “The Placental Mammal Ancestor and the Post–K-Pg Radiation of Placentals”. Science, v. 341, p. 613–614.
- Kraatz, BP, Bibi, F, and Hill, A, and Beech, M, 2013, A New Fossil Thryonomyid from the Late Miocene of the United Arab Emirates and the Origin of African Cane Rats. Naturwissenschaften, v. 100, p. 437–439.
- O’Leary, MA, Bloch, JI, Flynn, JJ, Gaudin, TJ, Giallombardo, A, Giannini, NP, Goldberg, SL, Kraatz, BP, Luo, Z-x, Meng, J, Ni, X, Novacek, MJ, Perini, FA, Randall, Z, Rougier, GW, Sargis, EJ, Silcox, M, Simmons, NB, Spaulding, M, Velazco, PM, Weksler, M, Wible, JR, Cirranello, A. 2013. The placental mammal ancestor and the post-KPg radiation of placentals: Science, v. 339, p. 662– 667.
- Bibi, F, Kraatz, B, Craig, N, Beech, M, Schuster, M, and Hill, A. 2012. Early Evidence for Complex Social Structure in Proboscidea from a Late Miocene Trackway Site in the United Arab Emirates. Biology Letters, v. 8, p. 670–673.
- Seiffert, ER, Nasir, S, Al-Harthy, A, Groenke, JR, Kraatz, BP, Stevens, NJ, Al-Sayigh, AR. 2012. Diversity in the later Paleogene proboscidean radation: a small barytheriid from the Oligocene of Dhofar Governorate, Sultanate of Oman. Naturwissenschaften, v. 99, p. 133–141.
- Kraatz, BP, Meng, J, Li, C-k, and Weksler, M, 2010, Evolutionary patterns in the dentition of Duplicidentata (Mammalia) and a novel trend in the molarization of premolars, PLoS ONE, 5(9): e12838.
Kraatz, BP, and Geisler, J. 2010. The Eocene–Oligocene Transition in Central Asia and its Effects on Mammalian Evolution. Geology, v. 38, p. 111–114.