Robert Nithman, PT, PhD, DPT, MPT, GCS, COS-C,
Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy Education
College of Health Sciences
Join year: 2020
PhD, Health Care Policy, Legal, Ethics, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 2018
DPT, Chatham University, Pittsburgh, PA, 2005
MPT, Duquesne University, Rangos School of Health Sciences, Pittsburgh, PA, 1997
BS, Health Sciences, Duquesne University, Rangos School of Health Sciences, Pittsburgh, PA, 1996
Board Certified Geriatric Clinical Specialist (GCS), American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS), 2006 - 2016, 2016 - 2026
Diplomate American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS), 2006 - present
Certified OASIS Specialist, Outcome Assessment and Information, 2018 - 2021
(COS-C), Set (OASIS) Certificate and Competency Board, Inc / OASIS Answers, 2014 - 2017, 2011 - 2014, 2008 - 2011, 2005 - 2008
PT 6050Principles Administration & Mgmt
Development of Clinical Guidance Statement for the Physical Therapy-Related Treatment of Osteoporosis submitted to the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) for $15,878.45 in conjunction with work associated with an Academy of Geriatrics Physical Therapy workgroup tasked with the production of an Evidenced-Based Documet (OsteroEDGE).
The Reliability of Telehealth Fall and Mobility Screening Applications, funding awarded through a Midwestern University Faculty Incentive Grant for $4396.14, 2012.
- Principle Investigator
The Reliability of Telehealth Fall and Mobility Screening Applications, funding awarded through a Midwestern University Faculty Incentive Grant for $4080.00, 2011
- Principle Investigator *Grant funds not utilized
Real-Time Telerehabilitation as an Adjunct to Physical Therapy Following Total Knee Replacement, funding approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Home Health Section for $5,000, 2009
- 2019 Midwestern University 10 year Service Award for Outstanding Dedication and Commitment to Educational Excellence
- 2018 American Health Council – “Best in Patient Care” Award Recipient
- 2015 Midwestern University – granted Tenure
- 2014 Midwestern University 5 Year Service Award for Outstanding Dedication and Commitment to Educational Excellence
American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS), Specialty Council on Geriatric Physical Therapy - appointed member, 2020-2023
ACAPT's National Interprofessional Education Consortium (NIPEC), Member, 2013 - Present
Secretary, 2014 2017
Midwestern University's DPT Program faculty representative 2013 - 2014
American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT), Midwestern University's DPT Program voting Representative, 2014
Member, Education and Pedagogy Consortium (EPiC), Interprofessional Education Consortium, 2014-2018
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Current Section Memberships: 1997 - present
Health Policy & Administration (Tech SIG), Education (Academic Faculty SIG), Geriatrics, Private Practice
APTA's Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy Sub-Committee on Resource Dissemination
Formally the PTNow (evidenced-based documents and clinical sumary repository) 2016 - present
Appointed Member, Section Liaison to PTNow, 2018 - present
APTA's Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy Section's Practice Committee, Appointed Member
Nominated by the Academy of Geriatrics to receive training on the APTA's Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG's), 2012 - present
Arizona Physical Therapy Association (AzPTA), Member
Appointed Member 2010 - present, Member Benefits Committee 2011-2012
Midwestern University, Alzheimer's Advisory Committee, Appointed Member, 2014-2017
- Nithman RW. “The Attitudes and Beliefs About Telehealth Adoption Among Older Adults – a Randomized Control Study.” Innovation in Aging (SUBMISSIONPENDING)
- Nithman RW, Vincenzo JL. “How Steady is the STEADI? Inferential Analysis of the CDC Fall Risk Toolkit.” Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. Volume 83,July–August 2019, Pages 185-194, http://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2019.02,018
- Nithman RW, Hill CJ, Cheng MS, Lee ACW. “The Use of a Telerehabilitation System for Fall Risk Screening.” ProQuest Dissertation Publishing. 2018; record number 10934144.
- Nithman RW, Spiegel, JJ, Lorello D. “The Effect of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Physical Therapy Simulation on Student Perceived Readiness for Clinical Education.” Journal of Acute Care Physical Therapy. 2016; 7(1), pages16-24.
- Nithman RW. "Gait Speed: An Interprofessional Tool to Guide Prognosis and Referral."The Arizona Geriatrics Society Journal. 2015;(20)1: pages 3-6.
- Nithman RW. “The Relationship Between Ankle Dorsiflexion Range of Motion and Elderly Fall Risks.” The Arizona Geriatrics Society Journal. 2014;(19)1: pages16-21.
- Shaw D, Nithman RW, “Vital Signs: Where do You Stand?” HPA Resource Journal, Vol. 9, No. 4, December2009.