Card Machine Rental
credit card machine
can be rented from the Bursar
Office for any university held events (STUDENT EVENTS NOT INCLUDED). The funds for this event will be transferred to a FOAPAL
provided by the departments. To rent the machine you must do the following:
Before the Event
- Check for availability of Mobile Credit Card Machines (Labeled A and B).
- Fill out the Mobile Credit Card Machine Rental Form with all information, signatures and the FOAPAL.
- Using the demo
site below to get familiar with the terminal:
Day(s) of the Event
If your reserved
day is on a weekend,
you must pick up the machine on Friday before 5:00PM. Otherwise pick up the machine on the reserved day and time. Instructions are as follows:
- Pick up the credit card reader from the Bursar Office. The machine will be in a bag along with instructions for use.
- Proceed to your event using the mobile credit card machine.
- If your event lasts for more than one day, and you are keeping the machine overnight, it must be kept in a locked environment.
- After all transactions have been entered, close out the batch and keep a copy of the settlement. Instructions for this are included in the bag with the machine.
- If you do not close out the batch, the bank will not process the payments. No transactions will be recognized, because all of the information is still stored on the machine. You must batch out the machine for you to get your money (settlement receipt).
- If you have the machine for multiple days you must batch out the machine daily or you
may incur additional merchant fees by the bank (please put each batch in different
After the Event
- Be courteous of others using the machine and return the machine in a timely manner to the Bursar Office.
- All receipts and a copy of the batch settlement(s) in the provided envelope(s) must be included.
- Please ensure that everything that was in the bag when you picked it up is returned, including the instructions.
The proceeds of the event(s), minus a rental fee of $50 per unit, will be deposited in the FOAPAL provided within 10 working days. A sales report will be sent to you for your records if any. Also please note at the end of each month the credit card charges (merchant fees) per bank will be charged to your department using the XXXX-XXX-70820-XX.