The Office of Budget is responsible for ensuring that the University’s resources are used for the intended purpose and are safe from misuse.
- Fund Transer Request Form (see instructions below)
Instructions for using the Fund Transfer Request Form The Fund Transfer Request Form enables departments to request a budget transfer or cash transfer of available monies and must be approved by the Budget Manager. In most cases, budget and cash transfers from the current fiscal operating budgets will expire on June 30 of every year. Budget Transfers:
- Generally, Budget Transfers are only allowed between accounts within the same fund and organization. The fund and organization numbers must be the same for both the OUT and IN transaction columns.
- Reallocate funds from existing accounts that have a projected overage to accounts that have negative balances; sufficient funds should be transferred to cover future spending needs.
- Redistribute budget funds when new expense line items are added to an existing budget.
- In rare instances, upon proper approval, budgeted funds may be transferred from an existing fund and organization to a new or existing fund and organization.
- May be used by one department to assist another department in helping to fund (pay for) a special event or research project.
- Are used to reimburse expenses incurred or paid for by one department for another department.
- The account numbers must be the same for both the OUT and IN transaction columns.
- Transfers between expense line items to salaries or benefit line items are strictly prohibited.
Do not use the Fund Transfer Request Form to reclassify activity. Please contact the University Financial Services & Treasury for further information @ (909) 469-5443.
I need to make a operating budget transfer, which form should I use?
Who do I send the operating budget transfer forms to?