University Financial Services & Treasury is located at Anderson Tower, 4th floor.
General Accounting is responsible for recording the inflow and outflow of University resources and can assist with inquiries or research regarding financial matters and fund balances. As well as enforcing PCI Compliance for Western University’s merchant locations.
Christopher Crow, Assistant Treasurer of Fiscal Operations
Management of General Accounting, including: Accounts Payable, Payroll Operations, Accounting Policies and Procedures, Auditing, and Financial Information and Controls.
Alex Berger, Director of Disbursements
Oversees and manages Accounts Payable services for the University.
Perry Self, Fiscal Operations Manager
Accounting and compliance functions that include, preparation of financial information, researching, auditing, monitoring, and etc.
Rosa Aldama, Financial Accountant
Account analysis and full review of general ledger, bank & investment reconciliations, tax filings.
Susanne Hastings, Accounting Clerk
Administrative and accounting support in Accounts Payable, Payroll, Bursar’s Office, and the Finance and General Accounting areas.
- Commonly Used Expense Accounts Listing
- Activity Code Maintenance Request Form
- Fund Maintenance Request Form
- Org Maintenance Request Form
- Account Maintenance Request Form
- Fund Transfer Request Form
- Reclassification of Expense Form
PCI Compliance for Western University Merchants
- PCI Pre-Qualification Form, includes links to PCI Policy and Procedures.
- For general inquiries please contact: Rosa Aldama firstname.lastname@example.org,Technical inquiries: email@example.com, Compliance inquiries: Trena Rich firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Financial Information
- Guidelines for Banner Program Codes
- Guidelines for Discretionary Funds
- Guidelines for Internal Controls
- Guidelines for Transferring Funds
- Management Responsibility and Accountability
IRS Form 990 Filings
Audited Financial Statement
Which Sales are subject to sales tax?
How do I obtain a copy University’s W-9?
If I need to make a cash transfer, which form should I use?
Who do I send the cash transfer and reclassification form to?
Please send cash transfer forms pertaining to sales transactions to Rosa Aldama (email@example.com) and all other cash transfer and reclassification forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions please contact Irma Sampson (909) 469-8284 (email@example.com) in the University Financial Services & Treasury.
How can I check on a fund balance?
- Log into Self-Service (Banweb) (https://banweb.westernu.edu”)
- Select Financial Services from the main menu
- Select Budget Queries
- Create a query by entering the fund and the organization number
- Submit the query
How can I gain access to a fund or org?
Contact Irma Sampson (909) 469-8284 (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the University Financial Services & Treasury.
Who should I call regarding questions on my financial reports?
How do I go about getting a credit card terminal?
Contact Rosa Aldama in the University Financial Services & Treasury at (909) 706-3514 or email@example.com
How can I expense Federal/State grants and contracts?
You need to obtain an approval from Sponsored Programs and Contract Management before you can submit the request to the University Financial Services & Treasury.
How do I set up a fund?