Computing services at Western University of Health Sciences are overseen by Information Technology (IT), which includes the Business Process/Customer Experience (BPCE), Enterprise Applications & Database (EAD), Information Security, and IT Infrastructure. Click here to view the organizational chart of the IT Department.
The IT Department’s goal is to leverage technology, to solve problems, and increase the efficiency of academic and business processes. We provide consultation to faculty, staff, and students on the best use of existing University technologies. We also recommend the acquisition and integration of new technologies as needed to address academic and business needs. For a more detailed description of our IT services, click here. For answers to many technology-related questions use the search for keywords on support.westernu.edu.
The Employee Service Level Agreement, Employee Apple Service Level Agreement, and the Student Service Level Agreement outline our services, describe our hours of operation, and clarifies mutual expectations for support of the majority of WesternU’s computing community. Special agreements for WesternU personnel employed in Research or WesternU Health can be viewed within the Employee Service Level Agreement-Research and Employee Service Level Agreement-WesternU Health documents.
Business Processes and Customer Experience (BPCE)
Technical Support, Audio-Visual Technology, IT Training, and support of WesternU Health are provided by IT’s Business Processes and Customer Experience sub-department. Technical Support personnel provides the necessary maintenance and upgrades to workstations and student laptops and just-in-time technical support for students, faculty, and staff. They also participate as needed in new student orientation and training efforts. Services include:
- Workstation (Windows and Mac), laptop, tablet support & troubleshooting
- Administration of lecture capture and audience response systems
- Classroom and lab technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Installation and support of business software applications
- Remote teaching and learning software support
- Technology training
- Digital signage administration
- Large format/poster printing
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system support
- Technical support and maintenance of academic computing applications
- Videoconferencing & streaming support
These and other services are all accessible through the Technical Support desk, which can be reached at support.westernu.edu, by calling Pomona Campus: (909) 469-5432 (extension 5432 if on campus), Lebanon Campus: (541) 259-0321 (extension 0321 if on campus), or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enterprise Applications & Database (EAD)
Support of enterprise-level software including Banner, the University’s Enterprise Resource Planner (ERP), is the primary responsibility of IT’s Enterprise Applications & Database department. Banner enables users to see and share pertinent job-related information, which makes for a more efficient, smooth-running environment. Users ranging from executive offices to general staff can extract business-critical information through online reporting in a timely and cost-effective manner. EAD aids in report writing, system maintenance, and user support for data integrity and adherence to the University Data Standards (internal resource). EAD encompasses the following areas:
- Enterprise Applications
- Web Applications
- Databases & Middleware
- Business Analysis & Design
- Security review of software & hardware
- Data protection through physical and virtual measures
- Information security training
- Phishing protection
As a sub-department of the IT department, IT Infrastructure is responsible for maintaining the campus network and telephone system. IT Infrastructure staff sees to it that the servers delivering both Internet-based and Intranet-based programs run smoothly and meet the growing needs of our University community. The team ensures that data created and exchanged over the network is secured and properly backed up on a daily basis. Services include:
- Management of the campus telecommunications system
- Maintenance of network and computer security
- Network infrastructure support
- Assistance in the purchase of computer hardware and software for university computers
- Management of eduroam