Computing services at Western University of Health Sciences are overseen by Information Technology (IT), which includes the Business Process/Customer Experience (BPCE), Enterprise Applications & Database (EAD), Information Security and IT Infrastructure. Select the link to view an organization chart of the IT Department.
The University IT Department goal is to leverage technology to solve problems and increase the efficiency of academic and business processes. We provide consultation to faculty, staff and students on the best uses of existing university technologies, and recommend the acquisition and integration of new technologies as needed to address academic and business needs. For a more detailed description of our services, select the IT Services link. For answers to many technology-related questions use the search for keywords on Support.westernu.edu.
The Employee Service Level Agreement, Employee Apple Service Level Agreement, and the Student Service Level Agreement outline these services, describe our hours of operation, and clarify mutual expectations for support of the majority of the Westernu computing community. Special agreements for WesternU personnel employed in Research or WesternU Health can be found through the Employee Service Level Agreement-Research and Employee Service Level Agreement-WesternUHealth links.
Business Process/Customer Experience (BPCE)
Technical Support, Audio Visual Technology, Technology Training and WesternU Health support are provided by IT Business Process/Customer Experience. Services include:
- Workstation (Windows and Mac), laptop, tablet support & troubleshooting
- Administration of lecture capture and audience response systems
- Classroom and lab technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Remote teaching and learning software support
- Technology Training
- Digital signage administration
- Large format/poster printing
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system support
- Technical support and maintenance of academic computing applications
- Videoconferencing & streaming support
Enterprise Applications & Database (EAD)
Support of enterprise level software including Banner, the University’s enterprise resource planner, is the primary responsibility of the Enterprise Applications & Database. Banner enables users to see and share pertinent job related information, making for a more efficient, smooth-running environment. Users from the executive offices to the general staff, can extract business-critical information through on-line reporting in a timely and cost-effective manner. EAD aids in report writing, system maintenance, and user support for data integrity and adherence to the University Data Standards.
Troubleshoots technical issues on WesternU enterprise applications/software:
- Enterprise Applications
- Web Applications
- Databases & Middleware
- Business Analysis & Design
- Security review of software & hardware
- Data protection through physical and virtual measures
- Information Security Training
- Phishing protections
Network Operations and Telecom, a division of the IT Department, is responsible for maintaining the information technology infrastructure for WesternU. This includes the campus network and telephone system, as well as the individual computing resources used by university personnel. The Network Operations staff see to it that the servers delivering both Internet and Intranet based programs run smoothly and meet the growing needs of the university community. They also see to it that data created and exchanged over the network is secured and properly backed up on a daily basis. In addition to providing just-in-time technical support for students, faculty, and staff, TechSupport personnel provide the necessary maintenance and upgrades on campus workstations and student laptop computers. They also participate as needed in new student orientation and training efforts. Services include:
- Installation, support, and replacement of computer hardware
- Installation and support of business software applications
- Management of the campus telecommunications system
- Maintenance of network and computer security
- Network infrastructure support
- Assistance in the purchase of computer hardware and software for university computers
These and other services are all accessible through the Technical Support desk, which can reached at support.westernu.edu by calling Pomona Campus: (909) 469-5432 (extension 5432 if on campus). Lebanon Campus: (541) 259-0321 (extension 0321 if on campus). Or email them at email@example.com.