What is Mediasite?
- A capture solution that enables faculty, staff and students to create and share presentation videos
- A distribution platform that allows users to house and manage both Mediasite-created and external video content
- A student-centered video player that empowers students to focus on the content most important to them
Why might you use Mediasite?
- To provide asynchronous curricular material
- To create recordings that demonstrate best practices for clinical and other skills
- To make live lecture content available for student review and exam prep
- To store external video recordings in a platform that allows sharing and viewing permissions control
- To automate the video recording and sharing of an event in a Mediasite-enabled classroom
- To present video via a presentation link, a video collection link or embedded player content on webpage
What features enhance the viewer experience?
- Variable playback rate
- Ability to download content in audio or video format (in most cases, but options set by the content creator)
- When content is presented in a video collection- searchability/sorting of presentations by title, description, date and presenter
- Ability to swap and expand content window sizing
- Viewability in mobile or desktop formats