Students who are new to Blackboard are encouraged to review the document Getting Started with Blackboard. and consult the table of Blackboard Compatible Browsers. For more information on Blackboard features, new and continuing students both are encouraged to refer to Blackboard’s online User Manual , which is available from any course by selecting theTools link in the course navigation panel. The manual is searchable and opens in a new browser window so you won’t have to leave the course page.
To learn how to use some of Blackboard’s most important features, we recommend the following tutorials available from Blackboard. Additional tutorials for students can be found in Blackboard’s On Demand Learning Center.
- Customizing the My Institution Page Layout
- Global Navigation and My Blackboard
- Setting Your Notification Options
- Checking Your Grades
- Creating a Blog Entry
- Creating a Discussion Board Post
- Creating and Editing a Wiki Page
- Replying to a Discussion Board Thread
- Sending Email
- Submitting an Assignment
- Taking a Test Online
- Working in Groups
The following tutorials created by WesternU provide additional information on key Blackboard features:
- Tips for Writing Good Discussion Comments in Blackboard (WesternU)
- Using the Safe Assign Plagiarism Checker in Blackboard (WesternU)
- Best Practices for Taking Tests in Blackboard (WesternU)
If you have a how-to that you want us to post on this page, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with a description of your request.