The WesternU Coronavirus Response Team (CRT) establishes institutional COVID-19 safety protocols guided by recommendations coming from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the California Department of Public Health, the Oregon Health Authority, and LA County Department of Public Health.
- Masking indoors is still required. However, masking outdoors is optional.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you must isolate off campus for at least 5 days and should wear a highly protective mask around others, even in your own home. You may end isolation after Day 5 ONLY if you follow the guidance the isolation guidance listed in the Institutional Requirements for WesternU.
These optional protocols are strongly encouraged
– When possible, physically distance (6 ft. apart) if you find yourself around a lot of people (except when required in certain teaching environments)
– Use the hand sanitizer that is placed throughout the buildings across all campuses
– Wash your hands regularly
– Stay home if you are sick