COVID-19 testing is available to any faculty member, staff, student, trainees, and residents for the following purposes, regardless of your vaccination status:
|You must receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning on-site.|
|CLOSE CONTACT EXPOSURE TO A KNOWN COVID-19 CASE||You must submit the COVID-19 Report Survey immediately, regardless of your vaccination status, and receive guidance from a contact tracer.|
|RETURNING FROM DOMESTIC OR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL||
|MANDATORY SCREENING TESTING||
- Test kits should only be used by WesternU faculty, staff, students, trainees, or residents.
- After you have taken your at-home rapid antigen COVID-19 test, you must report your results to WesternU via this link.
- All employees and students who are accessing a WesternU facility or on-campus may be required to undergo COVID-19 testing at times and dates established by WesternU and/or their operating unit.
Campus Testing Process
Testing will be conducted by the COMP-Northwest CTT team led by Dr. Davis.
- Hours of operation: Every Monday starting at 1pm in Seminar Room 1 (second floor of the COMP-Northwest building)
- If you require testing outside of these hours, please contact email@example.com
Test kits MUST be pick up from your College/Department representative listed below. Test kits are distributed to Colleges/Departments based on the number of individuals assigned to each unit.
|COLLEGE OF DENTAL MEDICINE AND DENTAL CENTER||Dr. Brent Fung|
|COLLEGE OF GRADUATE NURSING||Michael Marinello and Mitzi McKay|
|COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES||Karen Hutton-Lopez and Joleen Oakes|
|COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE (COMP) – POMONA||Dr. Sebastien Fuchs, Dr. Hendrik Szurmant, and Dr. Nishita Patel|
COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE (COMPNW) – NORTHWEST
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES – NORTHWEST
|Dr. Jeannie Davis and Dr. John Pham (see info above for Lebanon campus)|
|COLLEGE OF OPTOMETRY||Audrey Vazquez, Teresa Oseguera, Angie Chambers|
|COLLEGE OF PHARMACY||Mark Goggin and Mark Iannuzzo – Available at Pharmacy Administration Front Desk|
|COLLEGE OF PODIATRIC MEDICINE||Hazelle Vollaire and Dr. Jacqueline Truong|
|COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE||Nicole Jimenez and Caren Tse|
|GRADUATE COLLEGE OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES||Marcos Villa and Leslie Hayes|
|PATIENT CARE CENTER (FOR 2ND FLOOR EMPLOYEES ONLY)||Amy Padoongpatt|
|PET HEALTH CENTER||Jennie Jennings|
Limited test kits available for employees who do not have them stocked within their department.
Students MUST contact their colleges first for testing.
|SSC BUILDING||SSC 101 Lobby|
|USC BUILDING||Available for security and facilities/physical plant employees.|
The COVID-19 testing sites on the LA County COVID-19 Testing website offer no-cost (free) testing.
The City of Los Angeles also offers free COVID-19 testing.
U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) has also partnered with pharmacies and retail companies to accelerate testing for more Americans in communities across the country (HHS website)
These companies are coordinating with state and local governments to:
- Provide Americans with faster, less invasive and more convenient testing
- Protect healthcare personnel by eliminating direct-contact with symptomatic individuals
- Expand testing to communities across the United States, especially those that are under-tested and socially vulnerable
Please visit these companies’ websites to learn more about their efforts to provide timely and accessible COVID-19 testing or to schedule an appointment.
No-cost testing is available at local health centers and select pharmacies:
- Find a health center near you. Please call ahead to make an appointment.
- CVS Health
- Local independent pharmacies
- Rite Aid
- Walmart in partnership with Quest Diagnostics
For local testing information, visit the California health department’s website.