Innovation in dental education makes WesternU’s new College of Dental Medicine an excellent choice if you want to practice the dentistry of today and tomorrow. The curriculum and new facilities were designed to incorporate innovative ideas and the latest equipment.
We offer a full-time 4-year clinical program leading to the Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (DMD) in a learning environment that is student-centered.
In addition we have a 26 month International Dentist Program that utilizes the same innovative and integrated curriculum. We also offer an Advanced Education in General Dentistry program at Rancho Mirage, CA, in partnership with NYU Lagone Health.
The College of Dental Medicine and our curriculum:
- Treats students as members of the profession from the first day.
- Features a wide variety of educational methodologies, including traditional lecture, seminars, case-based learning, on-line modules, laboratory, clinical simulation, standardized patient exercises, direct patient care and service learning.
- Emphasizes principles of clinical medicine by integrating dental students in the study of human systems.
- Focuses on the links between oral health and overall health and offers interprofessional learning with other health professions.
- Integrates early direct patient-care experiences to provide contextual relevance for the foundational knowledge and clinical skills you are learning in human systems courses and pre-clinical simulation training.
- Integrates early service-learning opportunities in community-based locations in the first two years that stresses community assessment, education, and preventive programs.
- Offers extensive clinical experience in community-based locations.
- Emphasizes compassionate care, treating the patient as an individual first.
- Integrates patient and practice management into clinical experiences, building critical skills such as; communication, professional ethics, leadership and business management that are required for successful practice.
To learn more, click here