Western University of Health Sciences (WesternU) implemented a new parking space program effective August 3, 2009. This program transitioned from the University covering all costs related to employee parking spaces and parking lot security, to a dual participation program to cover these costs that includes an annual parking space fee paid by our employees and students.
The new 600 space University Parking Structure was a great addition to our parking. Security is posted at the parking structure as well as continuous patrols in all parking lots and security posts around the campus. We also have security escorts available for anyone who would like to use them. You are encouraged to use WesternU escort service by calling Security @ (909) 706-3000 from your cell phone or extension 3000 from a campus phone when traversing between parking and your campus destination in the evenings.
Employees of Western University of Health Sciences may purchase a WesternU parking permit or use City Daily Permit parking.
Temporary Employees and Contract Employees may purchase a WesternU parking permit or use City Daily Permit parking; those contracted directly with the University may choose to have it deducted through payroll, others may arrange parking with the Facilities Logistics Administrator by emailing email@example.com.
Distance Faculty – 1-2 weeks a month, may purchase a WesternU Parking Permit or use City Daily Permit parking.
Fellows / Residents – on contract through Payroll – purchase WesternU parking permit or use City Daily Permit parking. (If any person fits the employee category, they do not receive Adjunct Faculty parking.)
City Citation Situations
You will be ticketed by the City of Pomona if you:
- Park in a WesternU Employee lot without a current employee parking permit in your car.
- Park in a WesternU Student lot without a current student parking permit in your car.
- Park in a Public Metered space with an employee, faculty or student permit.
- Park in a Western University employee or student space with a city Permit slip.
- Park in a Disabled parking space without the DMV placard/tag.
- Park in a Reserved parking space that is not registered to you and your vehicle.
- Have registration tags that are not current or have other vehicle violations.