Bachelors or Masters degree
- Earned a Bachelors or Masters degree from an institution accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- All coursework taken from non-U.S. institutions (including Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
Physical Therapy License
- You need to be licensed to practice physical therapy in the United States
- Foreign-trained physical therapists must be licensed to practice physical therapy in California
Minimum of Five Years Clinical Experience
Access to a Computer Meeting Minimum Technical Standards
For more information please review the technical standards PDF
Proof of Legal U.S. Residency – If Required
- If you are an international applicant or any other applicant who is not U.S. citizen and is living in the U.S., you should be prepared to provide proof of legal U.S. residency at the time of admittance.
- Proof of legal U.S. residency is required prior to any offer of acceptance.
We do not require a separate application or fee, and you should be prepared to meet all of the prerequisite and application requirements as outlined. If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our International Student Services (ISS) staff are available to help you. Visit the ISS website to learn more.