WesternU Oregon DPTE Purpose Statement
Educate and develop service-oriented leaders in the profession of Physical Therapy who will provide humanistic care in rural, underserved, and/or vulnerable communities of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
WesternU Oregon DPTE Mission Statement
In the humanistic tradition, we cultivate clinical excellence and leadership in physical therapy professionals through education, research, community service, innovation, and evidence-based practice.
WesternU Oregon DPTE Vision Statement
WesternU Oregon DPTE will be the leader in advancing healthcare access in rural, underserved, and vulnerable communities to optimize movement and improve the human experience for all.
WesternU Oregon DPTE Values Statement
The WesternU Oregon DPTE values:
Teamwork and Collaboration
Respect and Inclusion
Virtue and Integrity
Excellence in Leadership
WesternU Oregon DPTE Outcomes
To accomplish this purpose, mission, and vision:
- We educate culturally competent, service-oriented, reflective students who are committed to leadership, life-long learning, scientific inquiry, and critical thinking.
- We engage in scholarly activities that contribute to the professional body of knowledge and are integrated into our curriculum.
- We engage in service activities within our professional organizations, institution, and local community.
- We strive to maintain clinical excellence in contemporary practice as demonstrated by serving as clinicians and consultants in our communities.
- We embrace innovation and collaboration in education, clinical practice concepts, scholarship, and healthcare.
- We are focused on the total student experience by providing authentic learning opportunities and curricula optimized to the learners of today
- We promote humanistic values of caring, respect, empathy, and trust through intentional interactions across diverse cultural groups and among healthcare professionals.
- We endeavor to cultivate a diversity of graduates united as experts in optimizing movement that transform lives across the lifespan.
Department of Physical Therapy Education – Oregon
E-Mail: Department of Physical Therapy Education – Oregon
Western University of Health Sciences Department of Physical Therapy Education – Oregon
2665 S. Santiam Hwy SE
Lebanon, OR 97355 (909) 469 -5300 (Office)
Keep up-to-date with the latest news and announcements from WesternU!