Campus Reopening Guidance
We are welcoming you back to campus – slowly, yet safely. Please review the following information prior to arriving on campus. These guidelines may change based on future local, state, or federal guidance, or in response to community outbreaks.
Institution-level Safety Requirements Overview
- Everyone coming to campus must complete the Qualtrics Survey for each day you are on campus.
- Everyone must wear a face mask indoors and outdoors when you are on our campuses – whether vaccinated or not.
- There is no need to practice social distancing inside of our buildings except for shared break rooms or areas while eating.
- We are mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for students and employees.
- Individual Colleges/programs and Units/departments may have unique safety requirements. These will be communicated with you through your College/program and/or Unit/department leader.
Employee Information (must be logged into SharePoint)
See the Aug. 25, 2021 COVID-19 Update
- Employees can visit the Coronavirus Logistical Support Team’s Return to Campus SharePoint site for more information.
- The COVID-19 Workplace Policy, implemented in March 2020 was to be replaced with the Telecommuting Policy & Procedure on August 30, 2021.
UPDATE: On Aug. 25, 2021 the COVID-19 Workplace Policy was extended until December 31. It will be reviewed again at that time.
- Unless employees have a formal Telecommuting Agreement approved by August 29, 2021, all employees are expected to return to their normal duties/activities on campus.
UPDATE: On Aug. 25, 2021 employees were told the Telecommuting Agreements would be put on hold until the COVID-19 Workplace Policy concludes. This will be reviewed again by December 31, 2021.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
See the WesternU COVID-19 Vaccination Program Policy effective July 19th, 2021 and updated on September 1st, 2021 to include all faculty, staff, trainees, residents, and students of WesternU. This is regardless of where they are located and whether they access campus or any other WesternU affiliated facilities.
Documentation must be submitted to email@example.com by September 15th, 2021.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Medical or Disability Exemption Form
- COVID-19 Vaccination Religious Exception Form
- COVID-19 Vaccination Pregnancy Deferral Form
Simply take a photo of your vaccine card and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, write COVID Vaccine. Students, please include your College and class year. Employees, please include your department.
All employees and students must complete this IPC training related to COVID-19, as well as take and pass the quiz.
Upon passing the quiz, a certificate can be generated showing you have completed this mandatory training. Save it, as you may need to provide a copy to your supervisor or college.
For more information on how the WesternU community can assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19, go to the Guide for Returning to Campus.