Mosquito Bite Prevention
The most effective way to avoid getting sick from viruses
spread by mosquitoes this summer is prevention.
- Use insect repellent: When used as directed, insect repellents are the BEST way to protect yourself and family members from getting sick from mosquito bites.
- Cover up: Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
- Keep mosquitoes outside: Use air conditioning, or window and door screens. If you are not able to protect yourself from mosquitoes inside your home, sleep under a mosquito bed net.
Student-Employee Health provides the following services:
- Coordinates monitoring for bloodborne pathogen exposures
- Provides orders for select serum blood titers, chest x-rays, and immunizations
- Track/monitor health screening for staff in the Patient Care Center and other areas on campus
- Provide education on health related issues
In addition to the above we also provide the following for our Students:
- Ensure Health Clearances requirements are maintained in order to attend the university as well as compliance with clinical rotation site requirements
- Confirms information on clinical rotation health clearance forms is accurate
Be sure to check to see if all your health clearances are current/up-to-date or it could cause a delay in your being able to register for classes, etc.