- I have a question about one of our benefits, where can I go?
- How can I change my current retirement contribution percentages?
- Who is our current Dental Insurance provider?
- How do I find out how many sick or vacation days I have?
- I am having a personal issue and I would like to seek professional assistance, does the University offer any counseling?
- I would like to change insurance companies, when can I do this?
- When can I meet with a representative from my retirement company again?
- Is it true that the University offers special pricing for health club memberships, and they also reimburse me for my membership?
- I am having problems with my supervisor or a co-worker, what can or should I do?
- What should I do if I or a co-worker is injured at work?
- Where can I find an HR form?
- How can I find out more information about the rideshare program?
- Where do I turn my timecard in?
How can I change my address/phone number?
You can log into the Self-Service (BanWeb) system to submit a change request of your address, phone number, and emergency contact information.
1) Go to Self-Service (BanWeb) at https://banweb.westernu.edu
2) Enter secure area for employees
3) Personal Information Services menu
4) Update Personal Information menu.
5) Use the employee link to submit change of address/phone request to the Office of Human Resources.
How can I change my name?
If you are an employee:
To initiate a name change, please contact email@example.com to notify Human Resources of the name change. You will need to have your new original Social Security Card and the legal document authorizing the name change prepared in order to process the change. Acceptable supporting legal documents include:
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree
- U.S. or State-Issued Court Order (Final Judgement of Change of Name)
- Certificate of Registered Domestic Partnership
- Certificate of Naturalization
If there has been a change to your marital status, please contact our benefits area at HRBenefits@westernu.edu for questions and assistance with changes to your benefits.
If you are a student:
Please contact the Registrar’s Office for name change assistance.
I have a question about one of our benefits, where can I go?
Please visit the Employee Benefits Resource Center a complete overview of our benefits package.
How can I change my current retirement contribution percentages?
You can change the percentage of your paycheck that you contribute to your retirement at anytime by filling out a 403 (b) Salary Deduction/Reduction Agreement form and returning it to the Manager, Benefits Administration. The form can be found online at the Employee Benefits Resource Center by selecting the Benefits Plans link and looking in theDocuments column.
The general limit for contributions to your 403(b) plan is set at $15,500 for 2008. However, did you know that if you are 50 years of age or over, you can contribute an extra $5,000, totaling $20,500? Employees with longer service are encouraged to contact Human Resources for more information on the “15-Year Rule” which allows those with more than 15 years of service to contribute additional funds.
Who is our current Dental Insurance provider?
We currently have Met-Life as our Dental Insurance provider.
I am having a personal issue and I would like to seek some professional help, does the University offer any counseling?
I would like to change insurance companies, when can I do this?
When can I meet with a representative from my retirement company again?
Is it true that the University offers special pricing for health club memberships, and they also reimburse me for my membership?
I am having problems with my supervisor or a co-worker, what can or should I do?
For issues regarding your supervisor or a co-worker, please contact the Manager, Employee Relations in the Office of Human Resources. If you feel that you are in immediate danger of physical harm, please contact a security guard first and then call the OHR.
What should I do if I or a co-worker is injured at work?
Please contact the Manager of Benefits Administration for all work related injures.
Where can I find an HR form?
All of the forms the Office of Human Resources uses can be found on the Handbooks and Forms page.
How can I find out more information about the rideshare program?
To find out what benefits the University offers those who rideshare, please visit the Rideshare Program page.
Where do I find more Payroll forms and time card information?
All of the forms the Payroll Office uses can be found on the University Financial Services & Treasury’s Payroll page.