Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The charge of the Committee is to promote diversity in the interest of removing barriers to education and healthcare. The mission of the Committee is to integrate inclusive health care education to enhance and extend the quality of life in diverse communities.
The College of Graduate Nursing embraces diversity and recognizes our responsibility to foster an open, welcoming environment where students, administration, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds can collaboratively learn, work, and serve. The Committee supports learning environments that allow the development of self-awareness, knowledge, and skills combined with the attention to others who may have experiences, worldviews, and values that are different from one’s own. The committee will continually strive to work together to address the challenges of education and healthcare in a way that removes barriers to success and promotes a culture of inclusivity, compassion, and humanism in local and global communities.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Assess the need for hiring and retention efforts to attract and retain a highly and implement strategies and initiatives that advance a climate of accountability talented, diverse workforce and provide recommendations.
- Develop for diversity and inclusion to support CGN’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Facilitate a curriculum to prepare culturally sensitive nurses by providing development opportunities for administration, faculty, and staff.
- Developing and implementing assessments to identify needs and support the climate of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Share and discuss findings and priorities to make plans to support development of DEI.
- Evaluate CGN DEI committee’s initiatives and actions follow the policies and procedures of the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Provide a safe space for diversity, equity and inclusion.
Marsha Guillaume, MPH
Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer | Assistant Professor