Western University of Health Sciences along with the Benner Institute at HealthImpact, Inc. and San Antonio Regional Hospital (Upland, CA) to provide the Benner Institute Clinical Faculty and Educator (CFE) Certificate Program for FREE across Public Health Region 9.
Region 9 includes ALL nursing programs from California, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, and the Pacific US Territories. The WU-FAR9 will run from 2023 through 2026.
The program contains six modules:
- MODULE 1: The Three Apprenticeships & The Four Paradigm Shifts
- MODULE 2: Developing a Practice: Understanding the Foundations of Clinical Reasoning & Learning Sciences
- MODULE 3: The Art of Situated Coaching
- MODULE 4: Developing Clinical Imagination & Forethought
- MODULE 5: Skilled Know-How of Clinical & Moral Leadership
- MODULE 6: Looking to the Future—Nurse Educators as Agents of Change
Participants in the program will receive 30 CEU’s.
Through this program, a QUAD of 4 individuals (2 from your nursing program and two from the clinical agency) will move through the modules together. All members of a QUAD are expected to come together and be present for each of the modules to learn together, to share together, and to teach together.
Our Curriculum Schedule
Each offering is a cohort of 24 individuals representing six nursing programs within Region 9.
Enrollment in the program is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Cohort Dates through September 2023:
|Cohort||Mod 1||Mod 2||Mod 3||Mod 4||Mod 5||Mod 6||Day of Week||Time(Pacific)|