The Office of Diversity & Inclusion spearheads the college’s efforts to diversify the student body thereby increasing physician-diversity at its source and preparing our graduates to be the best advocates for the health of all of their future patients.
Our areas of focus are:
- Seamless integration of DEI consciousness in our curriculum
- Recruitment and successful admission of students from diverse groups
- Engagement and leadership development of students from diverse groups
- Recruitment and advancement of employees of diverse groups
- Active engagement in DEI research
- Development of funding sources for scholarships, recruitment and retention efforts
- Celebrations of local, national and global diversity
The mission of the Council of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at COMP and COMP-Northwest Office is:
To create and sustain an environment of belonging that supports opportunities for everyone to thrive.
The vision of the Council of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at COMP and COMP-Northwest Office is:
- Attracting, admitting and training diverse students.
- Recruiting, training and employing diverse staff, faculty and administration.
- Championing the inclusion of unique qualities in each member of our community through programs that: prioritize equity, build bridges and foster allyships.
- Providing a culturally sensitive, inclusive and rigorous medical education to prepare our graduates to provide the best care to all their patients.
- Nurturing an environment free of marginalizing barriers that provides all students with equitable opportunities for learning and leadership development.
Inclusiveness: We will be aware of all voices and perspectives, especially those at the margins.
Compassion: We will always prioritize kindness in our interactions with each other.
Accountability: We will challenge and support each other in furthering our college’s mission and vision for diversity, equity and inclusion.
Respect: We will never compromise on respect for one another.
Empathy: We will make all efforts to actively listen to, understand, and share the perspectives of others.