WesternU values having a diverse student body to enrich the learning experience with multiple perspectives, to increase the diversity of future health care professionals, and prepare all our students to provide the highest quality humanistic care for their future diverse patients. Scholarships assist the University in attracting and supporting students from groups who are currently or historically underrepresented in the WesternU student body and/or the professional workforce. Scholarships are available at the institutional level and at the College of Pharmacy level.
To the extent that funds are available, the admissions committee will recommend diversity-based scholarships to deserving individuals who meet our criteria as outlined below:
- Scholarships are available to students regardless of race or ethnicity, who are underrepresented (<20% representation) within our program. Students who have an expressed commitment to or a demonstrated record of service to underserved or underrepresented populations will be eligible for diversity-based scholarships.
- Some diversity-based scholarships will be based on geographic location identified as underserved in terms of pharmaceutical care.
- Diversity-based scholarships will be offered only to those who meet and maintain our published academic quality standards.
- Any recipient of a diversity-based scholarship will be required to participate in graduate surveys to assist us in assessing the impact of this scholarship on meeting our educational and societal goals as described in our Mission.
- The recipient must have secured his/her seat in the class and must be an entry-level (PharmD Year 1) student.
- Awardees may receive up to two disbursements for a single award.
The Robinson Celebrating Diversity Endowed Scholarship recognizes PharmD students who engage in meaningful efforts to support diversity and eliminate barriers to any marginalized or underrepresented population. Creating an inclusive environment enriches the educational experience for all who attend WesternU. This scholarship is available to the student who best meets the following criteria as determined by College of Pharmacy Awards Committee:
- Has made tangible commitments to underrepresented or disadvantaged populations
- Has a demonstrated record of service that promotes an inclusive academic environment
- Has worked to remove barriers to access, resources, and opportunities for the underrepresented or disadvantaged
- Has promoted a campus culture that is welcoming to all and believes that everyone is valued, respected and able to reach their full potential
- Has met and maintained our published academic quality standards
- Will commit to participate in graduate surveys to assist in assessing the impact of this scholarship on meeting the College of Pharmacy’s educational and societal goals as described in its mission
Robinson Diversity Celebrating Endowed Scholarships are available to students regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, or disability.
Criteria: The following are the criteria established by Walgreens in agreement with the Scholarship Recognition and Awards Committee:
- Student must have an interest in community pharmacy.
- Student must have a minimum overall 2.75 GPA.
- Student must not be a previous recipient of the Walgreens Diversity & Inclusion Excellence Scholarship.
- Student embraces diversity and promotes diversity and inclusion initiatives on campus *or* represents and underrepresented group in pharmacy.