Identity Verification Policy
Proper identification of individuals allows WesternU to provide a safe and secure campus environment. In addition, the United States Federal Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), Public Law 110-315, requires that University confirm that a person enrolling in the University is the person who is completing the enrollment form, and that the student taking an examination is the student who participates in, completes, and receives credit for the course.
It is the policy of Western University of Health Sciences that applicants to and/or students enrolled in Western University of Health Sciences are required to provide a government issued ID for the following activities: 1) check in for an applicant interview, 2) check in for new student orientation, 3) obtain an official WesternU student ID photo, and 4) obtain a replacement WesternU student ID card.
Applicants and/or students who cannot provide an acceptable form of identification as described within this policy will not be allowed to complete any of the following:
- Interview for a seat in an academic program;
- Obtain new student orientation materials and/or attend new student orientation activities; and/or,
- Obtain a new or replacement WesternU student ID.
Applicants who are unable to interview may reschedule their interview if space is available. New matriculants who are unable to provide verification of their identity will be administratively withdrawn from their academic program within 2 business days if the student is unable to provide the required documents as outlined in ‘Acceptable Forms of Identification’, located below.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
Acceptable Forms of Identification must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have the same first and last name(s) as your WesternU application/student record
- Be current (document must have an expiration date that has not passed)
- Have been issued by a government agency (driver’s license, state ID card, passport)
- Include a photo which can be used to positively identify the applicant/student
- Include the applicant/student’s signature
Examples of acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driver’s License
- State Issued ID Card
- Military ID
- Permanent Resident Card