Entrepreneurship and innovation are part of our WesternU DNA, and we encourage lifelong learning and discovery for both faculty and students. The Office of Research & Biotechnology offers faculty the opportunity to apply for funding in the form of seed grants and intramural/internal grants. We also offer students the opportunity to apply for Summer Research grants and to participate in valuable summer research opportunities. See the information for faculty below and see the information for students under Summer Research.
National Funding Sources
Seed Grants For Faculty
1. Full-time tenured or non-tenured faculty at WesternU
2. Faculty must not have received an intramural grant in the last 2 years
3. Faculty who have received intramural grants >2 years ago must have submitted the progress report with resultant publications, submission/award of extramural grant, presentation at a conference
1. To develop pilot data for a new project rather than sustain current ones
2. Project should be applicant-conceived new idea rather than part of ongoing research
3. Design of the project should be clearly stated and supported by scientifically-sound methodology
Applications are due by the end of June every year.
Intramural/Internal Grants For Faculty
For more information, please contact Susan Dominguez, Executive Assistant/Fiscal & Operations Manager, at the email link below.