Research Regulatory Affairs
Welcome to the pages of the Manager of the Office of Research Regulatory Affairs, a subdivision of the Office of the Vice President for Research and Biotechnology. The current Manager is Donald E. Walters, Ph.D, who may be contacted at 909-469-5592 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The current Senior Vice President (VP) for Research and Biotechnology is Devendra K. Agrawal, Ph.D., who may be contacted at 909-469-7040 or dagrawal@@westernu.edu.
There are six University-level committees that oversee various areas of research at WesternU. They are the:
- – Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), Donald E. Walters, Ph.D., Chair,
- – Institutional Review Board (IRB), Rodney Hicks, Ph.D.; RN, Chair
- – Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), David Sanchez, Ph.D., Chair,
- – Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC) Committee, Vishwanath Venketaraman, Ph. D., Chair,
- – Radiation Safety Committee (RSC), Mohammad Mir, Ph.D., Chair, and the
- – Stem Cell Research Oversight (SCRO) Committee, Beatrice Saviola, Ph.D., Chair.
The Chair of each of these committees reports to the Sr.VP for Research and Biotechnology who also oversees matters pertaining to Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research. You may navigate to each of these areas by clicking on the corresponding link on the left hand side of this page. For information about the Research Committee, contact the Sr.VP’s Executive Assistant, Ms. Susan Dominguez, at 909-469-5619 or email@example.com.
The Manager of Research Regulatory Affairs ensures that the operation of these committees and the research that they oversee is conducted according to all applicable local, state and federal guidelines and regulations. Responsibilities of the Manager include, but are not limited to:
- – Ensuring that each committee is properly constituted.
- – Registering committees with state and federal governments as needed.
- – Maintaining required licenses and permits up to date.
- – Ensuring that training programs are in place and are implemented and monitored by
- the respective committees.
- – Filing reports to government agencies as needed.
- – Assisting with investigations pertaining to noncompliance or scientific misconduct.
- – Development of written policies and procedures.
- – Updating information as needed on the websites listed on this page.
The Manager reports to the Sr.VP for Research and Biotechnology.
For information on Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and SDS training, please contact Environmental Health & Safety at x-8231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The page was last updated on 08/14/2018