Message from the Vice President:
Scientific research and other scholarly endeavors are the intellectual foundation of all great universities. The Office of the Vice President for Research and Biotechnology encourages, promotes and nurtures the scholarly creativity of our faculty and students by helping to:
- Help New faculty researchers begin their research
- Identify research opportunities
- Secure support, , possibly through intramural research awards or identifiying current research performed on campus
- Research regulatory affairs
- Translate discoveries into new products, methods and services
About research in the colleges
Support research at WesternU
WesternU Ventures/ Tech Transfer
- The transfer of intellectual property and business ventures at WesternU
Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research
- learn about the conflicts of interest in research policy
- College of Vet Med – Pedro Paulo V.P. Diniz, DVM…more
DVM 2017 Amanda Borgquist, Assistant Cecilia Meza, and Ed Wagner PhD (Associate Professor of Physiology, COMP), ….Journal of Neurophysiology…more
Kabirullah Lufty (Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences) and colleagues – Wang, Y., Yan, C., Liu, L….American Journal of Physiology Endocrinology and Metabolism, ….more
- Read more news on our spotlight page or see Pub Med and WesternU
The Office of the Vice President:
- Supervises the effective administration of sponsored programs
- Serves as the University’s advocate and spokesperson on research issues
- Facilitates strong programs for interdisciplinary research
- Oversees research compliance including appropriate standards for the protection of human and animal subjects
- Sponsors cooperative initiatives to enhance technology utilization
- Coordinates the transfer of University-developed technologies to commercialization, thereby providing benefits to researchers, the University and the community
- Communicates research accomplishments to the University and the community in collaboration with the office of public relations
Categories of Research
All of the research done at Western University of Health Sciences falls within these clusters:
- Integrative Neurobiology
- Molecular and Metabolic Disease
- Infectious Diseases and Immunology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Lifestyle Medicine
Occasionally, the colleges host symposia. These and other research events may be found in the calendar.
Please contact email@example.com to add items to the research events calendar.
Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014 – College of Pharmacy Candidate seminar – Linda Garavalia, PhD. “Current Assessment Priorities for Pharmacy Educators”
Wednesday November 19, 2014 – COMP Seminar – Dr. Miklos Peterfy , COMP Seminar - Compatriot’s Hall – HSC (Health Sciences Center). Access the 3D map on your smartphone. Select campus map and the building you seek.
We feature members of faculty at our Spotlight on Research, but exploring the individual colleges’ websites will reveal much more research than we can contain in these pages.
Find an Expert
This topic list may be used to help locate faculty specializing in a particular area of research.
Laboratories and Groups:
- Biomedical Sciences laboratories
- Center for Advancement for Drug Research and Evaluation (CADRE)
- Veterinary Medicine Interest Groups
- Physical Therapy Clinical Research Lab
- Faculty for Autism Collaboration and Education (F.A.C.E.)
- College of Optometry researchers
I hope that, at the Office of the Vice President of Research, we can be of personal assistance to you as you seek research opportunities and collaborations. Although I might at times find myself scheduled to numerous meetings outside of my control, please know that my door is almost always open. I welcome your visit to my office in The University Research Center (URC). Susan Dominguez and I are in the first office on the left of the URC.
Please report problems with the research site to research web content administrator. Please include the url with the error in the email.
Site updated 11/21/2014