Message from the Vice President:
Scientific research and other scholarly endeavors are the intellectual foundation of all great universities. The Office of the Vice President for Research and Biotechnology encourages, promotes and nurtures the scholarly creativity of our faculty and students by helping to:
- Help New faculty researchers begin their research
- Identify research opportunities
- Secure support, , possibly through intramural research awards or identifiying current research performed on campus
- Research regulatory affairs
- Translate discoveries into new products, methods and services
I hope that, at the Office of the Vice President for Research & Biotechnology, we can be of personal assistance to you as you seek research opportunities and collaborations. Although I might at times find myself scheduled to numerous meetings outside of my control, please know that my door is almost always open. I welcome your visit to my office in The University Research Center (URC). Susan Dominguez and I are in the first office on the left.
About research in the colleges
Support research at WesternU
WesternU Ventures/ Tech Transfer
- The transfer of intellectual property and business ventures at WesternUis an office that is in development and coming soon.
Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research
- learn about the conflicts of interest in research policy
The Office of the Vice President:
- Supervises the effective administration of sponsored programs
- Serves as the University’s advocate and spokesperson on research issues
- Facilitates strong programs for interdisciplinary research
- Oversees research compliance including appropriate standards for the protection of human and animal subjects
- Sponsors cooperative initiatives to enhance technology utilization
- Coordinates the transfer of University-developed technologies to commercialization, thereby providing benefits to researchers, the University and the community
- Communicates research accomplishments to the University and the community in collaboration with the office of public relations
March 2015 -
- Gyanani V, Siddalingappa B, Betageri GV. Evaluation of various processes for simultaneous complexation and granulation to incorporate drug-cyclodextrin complexes into solid dosage forms. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2015 Mar 10:1-8. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 25754112 more…
Categories of Research
All of the research done at Western University of Health Sciences falls within these clusters:
- Integrative Neurobiology
- Molecular and Metabolic Disease
- Infectious Diseases and Immunology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Lifestyle Medicine (more coming soon….)
Monday, April 20, 2015
“Evidence Based Treatment Outcomes for patients with Hallux Limits” presented by: Candace Buckley, DPM (CPM Faculty Candidate) from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, in the Health EducationCenter HEC; Classroom E.
Need help getting around? Access the 3D map on your smartphone. Select campus map and the building you seek. Assistance to individuals may be available from The Accommodations and Resource Center (AARC).
Two visitor parking lots are listed on the map. If you are lost or need help with a visitor’s parking permit first call security at :+1 (909) 706-3000, who issues permits, or you may also contact our office at (909) 469-5619 for assistance.
HEC Health Education Center
URC University Research Center (now the Rodney P. Weinberg Center)
VMC Veterinary Medicine Center
HSC Health Science Center
HDPC Harris Family Center for Disability and Health Policy
We feature members of faculty at our Spotlight on Research, but exploring the individual colleges’ websites will reveal much more research than we can contain in these pages.
Site updated 4/14/2015
(C) 2015 Western University of Health Sciences. All Rights Reserved