Message from the Vice President:
Steven J. Henriksen PhD, Vice President for Research and Biotechnology
Scientific research and other scholarly endeavors are the intellectual foundation of all great universities. The Office of the Vice President for Research at Western University encourages, promotes and nurtures the scholarly creativity of our faculty and students by helping to:
- Help New faculty researchers begin their research
- Identify research opportunities
- Secure support, , possibly through intramural research awards or identifiying current research performed on campus
- Oversee research
- Ensure compliance with all research-related policies
- Translate discoveries into new products, methods and services
About research in the colleges
Support research at WesternU
History of Research at WesternU
- coming soon
- coming soon
Financial Conflicts of Interest
- learn about the conflict of interest policy
The Office of the Vice President:
- Supervises the effective administration of sponsored programs
- Serves as the University’s advocate and spokesperson on research issues
- Facilitates strong programs for interdisciplinary research
- Oversees research compliance including appropriate standards for the protection of human and animal subjects
- Sponsors cooperative initiatives to enhance technology utilization
- Coordinates the transfer of University-developed technologies to commercialization, thereby providing benefits to researchers, the University and the community
- Communicates research accomplishments to the University and the community in collaboration with the Office of University Relations
Categories of Research
All of the research done at Western University of Health Sciences falls within these clusters:
We feature members of faculty at our Spotlight on Research, but exploring the individual college’s websites will reveal much more research than we can contain in these pages.
If you’re looking for our experts, try this list of faculty or search the expert database. The former opens a PDF listing of faculty and area of research. To save the file, right click the link (control-click on a Mac) and choose “save as” . To search within the PDF, hit “control + F” and type your search term and hit the “enter” key.
The list of the topics of expertise that the faculty researchers possess is a listing of teaching and research areas of expertise that exist at Western University of Health Sciences. The topic list may be used to help locate faculty specializing in a particular area of research.
Laboratories and Groups:
- Biomedical Sciences laboratories
- Center for Advancement for Drug Research and Evaluation (CADRE)
- Veterinary Medicine Interest Groups
- Physical Therapy Clinical Research Lab
- Faculty for Autism Collaboration and Education (F.A.C.E.)
- College of Optometry researchers
New faculty or student researchers may find the Center for Academic and Professional Excellence to be of particular service as they begin–or continue– their research.
I hope that, at the Office of the Vice President of Research, we can be of personal assistance to you as you seek research opportunities and collaborations. Although I might at times find myself scheduled to numerous meetings outside of my control, please know that my door is almost always open. I welcome your visit to my office in The University Research Center (URC). Susan Dominguez and I are in the first office on the left of the URC.