Message from the Vice President:
Scientific research and other scholarly endeavors are the intellectual foundation of all great universities. The Office of the Vice President for Research and Biotechnology encourages, promotes and nurtures the scholarly creativity of our faculty and students by helping to:
- Help New faculty researchers begin their research (must be on our campus intranet)
- Identify research opportunities
- Secure support, possibly through intramural research awards or by identifiying current research performed on campus
- Research regulatory affairs
- Translate discoveries into new products, method, and services
I hope that, at the Office of the Vice President for Research & Biotechnology, we can be of personal assistance to you as you seek research opportunities and collaborations. Although I might at times find myself scheduled to numerous meetings outside of my control, please know that my door is almost always open. I welcome your visit to my office in The University Research Center (URC). Susan Dominguez and I are in the first office on the left.
About research in the colleges
Support research at WesternU
The Office of the Vice President:
- Supervises the effective administration of sponsored programs
- Serves as the University’s advocate and spokesperson on research issues
- Facilitates strong programs for interdisciplinary research
- Oversees research compliance including appropriate standards for the protection of human and animal subjects
- Sponsors cooperative initiatives to enhance technology utilization
- Coordinates the transfer of university-developed technologies to commercialization,
- Communicates research accomplishments to the university and the community in collaboration with the office of public relations
Find out right away when WesternU publishes. Did you know? You can receive automatic updates whenever a new publication appears on PubMed. Subscribe to the xml link via an RSS reader (the xml link can only be read with an app). For example, try Feedly or NewsFlow (mac). Or, go to PubMed directly and create an email notification.
… work. (doi:10.7556/jaoa.2015.127) Lukas Martincik, OMS III Michael A. Seffinger, DO
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific,
Pomona, California Reference 1. Seffinger MA. Osteopathic …
All of the research done at Western University of Health Sciences falls within five clusters…
Need help getting around? Access the 3D map on your smartphone; also, here is a listing of lecture halls. Select campus map and the building you seek just click to get the individual building address number.Assistance to individuals may be available from The Accommodations and Resource Center (AARC).
Two visitor parking lots are listed on the map. If you are lost or need help with a visitor’s parking permit first call security at :+1 (909) 706-3000, who issues permits, or you may also contact our office at (909) 469-5619 for assistance.
WesternU Ventures/ Tech Transfer
- The transfer of intellectual property and business ventures at WesternU is an office that is in development. More information is coming soon.
Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research
- learn about the conflicts of interest in research policy
Page updated 10/20/16