Budgets and Cost of Attendance
The Financial Aid budgets at Western University are developed using guidelines set down by the Department of Education and estimated costs associated with each college/university. With the exception of Tuition and Fees, budgets are updated each award year by using the Consumer Price Index and the Bureau of Labor Statistics that releases data on annual consumer percent changes.
The budget components (cost of attendance factors) are:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies
- Room and Board
- Personal Expenses
- Other fees as determined by program/college
- Loan Origination Fees
Budget components are subject to change.
Western University does not participate in consortium agreements.
It is essential that you understand that the budget is for the student and student only. For those students that are married, it is highly suggested that you review the student budget with your spouse. Per federal regulations, the Financial Aid Office at Western University is unable to make budget adjustments for students with dependents. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Student budgets vary depending on length of enrollment and are subject to change.
Based on the 2016/2017 academic year, the following are estimated costs for full time students at Western University of Health Sciences by program.
Use the following links to select the budget appropriate for your program:
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) (COMP-Northwest)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Doctor of Pharmacy – International (PharmD)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Advance (DPT)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS)
- Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS)
- Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS)
- Master of Science in Nursing (ADN-MSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing (BSN-MSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing/Entry (MSN-E)
- Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN/FNP)
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (MSPS)
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies(MSPAS)
For budgeting basics and a budget work sheet/calculator please select one of the following: