Please review the below information prior to placing a study room reservation.
Group Study Room Policy
There are a total of seven study rooms on the second and third floors that may be used by Western University students only. Rooms are available for two or more students who would like to study collaboratively or hold small meetings.
The study rooms may be reserved up to 24 hours in advance for a single study period of four hours. The reservation will be held for 15 minutes, at which time the reservation will be released.
A group study room may be reserved in person at the circulation desk, by calling 909-469-5323 or 1-888-704-1660, or online at http://webapps.westernu.edu/rs. Reservations may be made up to 24 hours in advance of the reservation date. Walk-in requests from groups will be accepted pending room availability. The following information will be needed at the time a reservation is taken:
- college or program
- number (and names) of people in the group
- date and length of time needed*
* There is a reservation limit of four hours. If, at the end of the group’s time, no other group has scheduled the room, that group may renew it for four more hours.
How to Register as a User
Western University currently enrolled students are automatically registered. Log into the reservation system using your WesternU email username and password (do not use @westernu.edu after your username).
How to make an Online Reservation
- Log in to the study room reservation system.
- Click on “Bookings”.
- Scroll down to the daily view.
- Select study room number and starting time by clicking on the appropriate box.
- When reservation window appears, select an ending time (maximum 4 hours).
- In the Summary section enter the names of the people in your study group along with your college or program.
- Click save.
Please view our tutorial on how to make an online reservation.
Checking Out the Study Room Key
- At the designated reservation time, the person who has reserved a study room may check out the key to the room using his or her WesternU ID at the circulation desk; a valid driver’s license is also required. The reservation is honored for 15 minutes past the reservation time before the room is made available to other users.
- At the end of the reserved time–up to four hours–the room key must be returned to the circulation desk and either (a) turned in or (b) renewed for up to four more hours.
- The study room key may not be removed from the library.