Ph.D., Pharmacology, University of Louisville, KY, 1986
B.S., Pharmacy, St. Louis College of Pharmacy, MO, 1980
Associate Professor of Pharmacology, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Pomona, CA 2001-present
Topics in Pharmacology: cardiovascular, renal, respiratory, endocrine, reproductive, CNS, autonomic, antibiotics, musculoskeletal, GI, antineoplastics and immunologicals.
- Opiate-Dopamine Interactions in the Developing CNS, National Institute on Drug Abuse, grant R3DA07968. (PI) Total costs $142,388. 2/1/95 - 1/31/98.
- Effects of Perinatal Exposure to Opioids on Behavioral and Neurochemical Development in Rat Offspring, Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association Foundation. (PI) Total costs $20,000. 1/1/92 - 12/31/93.
- Behavioral and Neurochemical Development in the Rat Following Prenatal or Postnatal Exposure to Opioids, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. (PI) Total costs $5,000. 1/1/92 -12/31/92.
- Neurochemical and Behavioral Assessment of the Functional Development of Dopamine Autoreceptors in the Rat Striatum, Auburn University Research Grant- In-Aid. (PI) Total costs $9,500. 1/1/91 - 12/31/91.
- Development of Locomotor Activity and Brain Dopamine Receptor Binding in the Rat Following Perinatal Exposure to Opioids, Auburn University School of Pharmacy Grant-In-Aid. (PI) Direct costs $6,860, 1991 - 1993.
Best Lecturer Award, 2009
Item Writer of the Year for COMLEX Level 1, 2007
F.Y.I. Award, DO Class of 2007 for continuing their education, 2007
F.Y.I. Award, DO Class of 2006 for continuing their education, 2006
- Shieh GJ, Ravis WR and Walters DE. Up-regulation of dopamine D1 receptors in the brain of 28 day-old rats exposed to the delta opioid agonist SNC 80 during the preweaning period. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1997 Nov 12;103(2):209-11.
- Shieh GJ and Walters DE. Stimulating dopamine D1 receptors increases the locomotor activity of developing rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 1996 Sep 12;311(2-3):103-7.
- Lin MY and Walters DE. Dopamine D2 autoreceptors in rats are behaviorally functional at 21 but not 10 days of age. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1994 Mar;114(2):262-8.
- Lin MY, and Walters DE. The D2 autoreceptor agonists SND 919 and PD 128483 decrease stereotypy in developing rats. Life Sci. 1994; 54:PL17-22.
- Shieh GJ and Walters DE.Altered neurochemical and behavioral development of 10-day-old rats perinatally exposed to the kappa opioid agonist U-50488H. Neurosci. Lett. 1994; 176:37-40.
- Chen JH, Ravis WR and Walters DE. Perinatal exposure to morphine alters the density but not the sensitivity of dopamine receptors in the 10-day- old rat brain. Res. Commun. Alcohol Subst. Abuse 1994; 15:113-123.